Chapter 31

Chapter thirty one: Jealously

Rain Moretti

I don't like mornings, not because I have to wake but they just drag and it's so exhausting to get up and stretch and still take a bath or shower. Which ever one you prefer.

In my opinion I like baths, just saying.

I was rudely woken up by the continuous ringing of my phone. At first I tried to ignore it but it just kept on going on and on till I snapped and finally answered.

"Hello?"

The line was quite for atleast five minutes and when I was about to hang up the person finally spoke.

"Rain.... I-it's Heather." The person on the other side said in a hushed tone.

"Heather? Are you okay? Where did you get my number?" I quickly rushed asking her questions incase she decided to hang up.

I heard a slight sniffle before she spoke again. "I'm okay... Listen is it possible for us to meet sometime?"

"Yeah anytime, just tell me when and where I'll be there."

"If you don't really mind is today okay for you? I just really need to see you." She said sounding on edge.

"Heather I'd love to see you." I was leaning against the headboard, a small smile on my face.

Maybe we could finally make out and our relationship could go back to the way it was.

"Great, meet me at a diner called **********  at 3pm." She said everything so fast I got up jumping looking for a pen and paper before writting the information down.

"And oh Rain....."

"Yes?"

"Please come alone." She said sounding hopeful.

"Heather you know Angelo would never allow that." I whispered feeling guilty.

"Please Rain.. it's really important. Just do it for me." She sounded so hopeful yet void of any other emotions, I couldn't resist.

"Okay fine... See you then." With that I hang up.

For a moment I had to sit down and rethink what just happened and how the hell I was going to go out without any guards.

As far as I remember Angelo really didn't like my sister's presence.

I looked at the empty side where my husband slept and rolled my eyes before getting up and heading to the bathroom.

It's been a week and a half since the attack and Angelo has been distant, he leaves before I'm awake and only returns when I'm fast asleep. He hasn't been the only busy one but everyone has been and I end up having dinner on my own.

When I was down with my morning routine including a hot bath, I made my way through the closet and wore my clothes keeping it simple so I wouldn't have to change this afternoon when I leave.

My long ass hair which needed a cut soon was in a high pony tail. This morning the staff seemed to be bustling around and I knew the reason why when I reached the dinning room.

My husband had taken his seat and looking through some files, while eating his breakfast.

"Are you just going to stand there and look at me all day?" He said not raising his head from the files.

"I-i-i thought you'd left already." I said moving closer to the table and taking my usual seat beside him.

I started joining him when one if the maid placed a plate of waffles before me. None of us said anything throughout, and I just kept pickling at my food and taking small bites.

"Say what you want to say Rain and stop glancing at me." He said putting the files away and looking at me.

"I was thinking......" I struggled to find the right words to say this and his burning gaze wasn't helping.

"Look at me Rain."

I obeyed and looked at him, this serious persona of his was something that scared me.

"Now say what you want to say and no stuttering."

"I'mreallyoverwhelmedbeingcoupedupinsidethehousesoIwashopingIcouldgooutgetsomeairandevencutmyhair?" I said real quick without taking a break.

Looking back at Angelo he just gave me a questioning look with one of his brows up. Like how can someone do that?

"I'm really overwhelmed being couped up inside the house so I was hoping I could go out get some air and even cut my hair." I repeated while biting on my lower lip.

"Don't do that." He said shifting uncomfortably in his chair.

"Do what?"

"You can go but I'll be sending you with extra security."

I wanted to sqeaul in my chair when he said this but controlled myself by smiling.

"Thank you." I stood up and quickly hugged him in the moment of excitement. He was stiff but didn't say anything.

Our little moment was ruined by one of the maids announcing we had a guest. Untangling my arms from Angelo's I gave him a look and he just shrugged before walking towards the maid with me following behind.

I was walking slower than Angelo so when I got to where this supposedly guest was, it was none other than that Italian Barbie. (Chp. 24)

Lila was hanging on to my Angelo like her life depended on it. She looked like she wasn't even wearing anything because the dress she wore bearly covered her bum and her breasts were practically out of the dress.

"It's good to see you again... Rina is it?" She asked in a high pitched voice.

"It's Rain, but I preferred it if you stick to Mrs Moretti. And it's lovely to see you too Lila." I spat harshly without intending to.

Angelo looked like he was impressed and was slightly smirking. He took Lila's hands off him and walked towards me, his hands going to my wait and Kissing me.

The action shocked me and I was about to pull away when I remembered Lila was watching us and I deepened the kiss.

We pulled away and a fuming Lila stood there with her arms crossed automatically making me smirk.

Gosh this household is starting to have an affect on me.

"I like it when you're jealous. Caio mi cara." Angelo whispered huskily in my ear than left.

With an eyeroll I left a fuming Lila and walked upstairs to my room.

Vote and comment 🌻

My school holidays have ended and I'm back to seeing KitKat 😒