Chapter 55

Chapter fifty five : unexpected astonishments

Rain Moretti

The clock read 3:04am, as I washed my hands in the kitchen sink. Everything I needed was neatly arranged on the kitchen island.

It was Angelo's birthday and I decided to wake up early and do something special for him, since today was going to be a busy day and all.

'Eternal sunshine' was playing in my earpods as I stirred the vanilla essence,eggs and milk mixture before adding it to the dry flour. I was conflicted between making, oreo cheesecake and red velvet cake and ended up going with the cheesecake. The cupcakes were already in the oven and as soon as I got done mixing everything, I got started on the icing.

My feet hurt as well as my back, but I didn't dare say anything to anyone. If Angelo saw me right now he'd be livid, that's why I gave him some Alergex to help him sleep.

After twenty minutes, the cupcakes were ready and I placed them in the fridge so that they would cool faster, and placed the cake batter in the oven. I quickly cleaned the countertops and washed all the dishes I used. Soon the kitchen was spotless again and the cupcakes were done.

5² cupcakes.

As I glanced at the clock, I swore as I realized I only had 30 minutes left before the staff woke up. It was 04:25 and I had to take the cake out, and burnt myself in the process.

I initially planned on doing a 4 tier cake, but had to settle on 3 since as my other sponge was undercooked. I managed to get everything done at exactly 04:56 and released a breath I didn't know I was holding, when I placed the lid over the cake and sealed it, placing it in the fridge where no one would notice.

For the next one and half hours, I decided to go to the library since I couldn't go back to sleep and finish the kdrama I started last week, 'My Demon.'

After the watching the third  I decided to go do yoga since I couldn't do any extreme exercises and haven't been to the gym in a while. It was already ten minutes before 8am when I got back to my bedroom and Angelo was still sleeping, with little pup Leo next to him.

I internally awed at the sight.

I went to the bathroom to take a much needed shower. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped in. The hot water instantly relaxing my tensed muscles. I quickly shampoo and condition my hair, since it had flour on it and step out, wrapping myself in a towel.

I brushed my teeth, got out of the bathroom and went to get dressed, in simple pair of navy Nike tracksuits and a black shirt that wasn't even mine.

As I came out of the closet, I saw Angelo stir and rushed to the kitchen and by mistake banged the door on my way out. When I came back five minutes later, struggling with everything, Angelo had just gotten up but hadn't gotten out of bed yet.

Pup Leo lifted his head as soon as he saw me and knowing that Angelo would see me soon. I started singing from the door.

"Tanti auguri a te tanti auguri a te tanti auguri caro Angelo tanti auguri a te."  I sang in Italian, even though my pronouncation was a bit off.

(Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Angelo, happy birthday to you.)

In his sleepy state I could see amusement dancing in his eyes and I couldn't be more happier.