chapter 08.

viii.

Another day, another class bell rang.

Mira found herself going up to the rooftop, climbing the flight of stairs before finding a good spot to eat her lunch. She enjoyed spending her lunch break at the cafeteria with her friends, but today she felt like heading to the rooftop for some peace and quiet to refresh her mind from the difficult math equations.

Studying was never difficult for Jeon Mira, resulting in her getting a score above ninety on every subject. She just disliked learning a new lesson. Her parents weren't that strict when it came to academics, as long as she pulled herself back up and got back on track. But Mira wanted to make her parents proud.

It was kind of like repaying what they had given her in her seventeen years of life.

When she was about to take the fifth bite of her lunch, the door of the rooftop opened and she turned her head to look at the direction only to be met with the boy she had been hanging out with for the past two and a half weeks.

"You're here too?" He asked.

"I have been here for a while now," Mira spoke, taking a bite of her rice. She watched him place himself beside her as he leaned against the wall and crossed his legs. She noticed he was empty-handed, so she looked at him with a frown. "You're not eating?"

Yang Jungwon shook his head. "I'm not that hungry."

"Why did you come up here?"

"Needed some fresh air, I don't know."

Mira shoved her hand inside her bag to search for a familiar boxy-like object. She stared at the item in her hand before handing it to him. Jungwon thought it was strange because he got the feeling of deja vu. Had this happened before? But when?

Mira shook her hand slightly after seeing the boy not responding. She called out his name a few times but to no avail, he was still out of it. The girl then softly slapped his cheek with the juice box, bringing him back to reality from the cold sensation of the moisture the juice box had.

"Stop buffering," She chuckled, placing the drink down on his lap before continuing to eat her lunch. She heard plastic being ripped open and saw Jungwon stabbing the drink with the given straw.

Just as she thought he was going to take a sip of the small beverage, he gave it back to her instead, earning a puzzled look from Mira.

"You only bought one this time," Jungwon spoke, finally remembering how this happened on their first meeting at the courtyard some months ago. He placed the juice box down on the ground beside her.

"I am gonna borrow something else from you though." Without giving Mira the chance to talk, he shifted in his position and placed his head down on her lap, one leg straight and the other propped. The girl swiftly lifted her lunch tray above his face.

"You idiot, how the heck am I supposed to eat my lunch now?" She complained but he ignored her, staring off at the bright blue sky which was unfortunately blocked by the beautiful plain grey tray hovering above him.

Taking a deep inhale, Mira contemplated whether or not to smack his forehead with the tray. At the end, she decided to do it and he let out a loud yelp from the moment of impact. "Fine, you're my table for now," She deadpanned.

She carried on eating her lunch as if it was a normal thing to do, not minding the boy who had his head used as a temporary table. For some reason though, Jungwon didn't mind it very much. He knew there was going to be a red mark on his forehead but he thought positively. The sun was shining too brightly so he took this as an opportunity to stay in the shades with the help of Mira's lunch tray.

"Mira?" He muttered and the said girl hummed shortly, drinking her strawberry juice box.

"You like Kim Sunoo don't you?"