chapter 16.

xvi.

"Are you Mira noona's boyfriend?"

Hearing this, the girl froze. Where did he get that information from? Where did he get that idea from? He was only a kid, he shouldn't know these type of stuff this soon. Heck, when Mira was his age she was busy watching My Little Pony, learning why friendship is magic, and memorizing the six elements of harmony.

"H-Hyun!" Mira stammered. "You don't ask people those questions!"

"Why?" The little boy questioned, a visible pout plastered on his face. "Then, why did he bring you home that day? Isn't that what couples do?"

"What?" She blinked multiple times as she processed his words before recalling the day Jungwon had brought her home. "Oh."

Hyunjoo watched his sister (he likes to consider her that) having a blank expression on her face as she stared at the concrete floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. When he turned to look at Jungwon, the teenager was looking in the opposite direction to prevent people from seeing the rosiness on his cheeks.

Hyun tugged on Mira's skirt, "Noona, answer me please," He pleaded.

"I-I'm— he's not- we're not— he—" Mira was glitching. There was an internal error in her system that disabled her to form coherent sentences. However, someone answered it for her.

"Sure."

Both cousins turned to look at Yang Jungwon who had his fists rested on either side of his body and an evident shade of red plastered on his cheeks. Hyunjoo's eyes sparkled at his answer while Mira had her jaw dropped open in surprise.

"I am," Jungwon nodded, looking down at the beaming little boy who had his hands clasped into fists in front of his chest as he stared at Jungwon in astonishment. I'm gonna get smacked by Mira after this, the male thought and gulped, nervous of the outcome.

"That's so cool, uncle!" Hyun jumped in enthusiasm.

"Don't call me uncle, okay?" He awkwardly chuckled. "I'm too young to be called an uncle," He whispered to himself.

"What should I call you then, uncle?"

"What about 'hyung'?" Jungwon suggested, tilting his head to the side as he smiled at the child, his dimples forming. "You can call me Jungwon hyung instead."

"Jungwon hyung?" The little boy frowned. "Can I call you... Won hyung! Or Wonnie hyung? Wonwon hyung?" The elementary student started muttering different names of Jungwon to silently check which name sounded better for him. Mira was still glitching at the side.

The male teenager smiled at his cuteness and pats the third grader's head twice. His hair was soft. "Any is fine. Let's take you home now."

Jungwon rested his hands on the boy's shoulder and whirled him around before pushing him forward gently as if they were making a human train, with tiny steps being made since Hyunjoo couldn't take large ones yet.

"Mira, let's go," He called out to the still broken girl only to receive no response in return. She was in her own little world so he simply disconnected the human train for a while and pulled her with him by her wrist, sauntering towards Hyun who was waiting for them with a smile at the sight he was seeing.

Mira snapped back into reality.

"Jungwon," She started, making the said boy get shivers down his spine at the tone she used. It was definitely different from what she normally used and that was the moment he knew, he messed up.

"We need to have a talk after this."

Oh boy.

a/n; your votes and comments are very much appreciated <3