chapter 55.

lv.

"Mira, let me see your notes!"

"Me too!"

The said girl sighed, pausing her conversation with Cheram and Yubin as they stood by an opened window in the classroom. She looked over her shoulder at the two students who were sitting at their respective tables.

"You really need to take your own next time," Mira scolded the two who only sent her a cheeky smile in return. She retrieved her notebook from her school bag, and approached them. "I'm being serious," She sternly added as she opened the page about the new chapter they learned.

It had almost been two weeks since they started school and it had been stressful. There had been a situation where quizzes were held during the second week of school and everyone was completely unprepared. Surprise quizzes would happen occasionally and the students did not like them.

"Sebin!" Kim Heeyoung yelled as she slammed the door of class 3-1 open catching the eyes of many students. The girl had her newly bought iPhone in hand, the newest model that came out a few weeks ago. "Are you fucking serious? Is what you sent me true?"

Confused whispers could be heard coming from every direction as Heeyoung made her way to her friend— or rather, her minion's table, shoving the iPhone on Sebin's face. The latter only smirked in response as she nodded confidently, laying her chin delicately on the back of her hand.

Kim Heeyoung laughed, clearing her throat. "Wow, I wonder how she feels right now," She sneered, eyes moving toward Choi Yunseo discreetly. Park Sebin silently watched the drama unfold. "Everyone—!"

Yunseo stood up, glaring at Heeyoung with eyes as sharp as the knife sitting in her kitchen. If looks could kill, Heeyoung would be on the floor by now. "I don't know what you're up to, but whatever the heck you're saying next, just shut up," She warned.

Blondie faked a gasp, covering her mouth with a hand. It was the ideal time to inform everyone about the news, which Heeyoung knew would gain incredible reactions. She looked around the classroom, eyes landing on two specific people. By now, most of the students from the other classes had gathered outside class one upon hearing the loud commotion.

"Oh? But it's something everyone deserves to know," Heeyoung continued as more gossip could be heard trying to find out what she was talking about. The girl was behaving as if she wasn't rejected a few months ago.

Yunseo clenched her jaw, finding out where this was going, "Shut up. Didn't you remember what he said or do you have memory loss? At least respect them."

Yunseo looked over to Park Sebin who was innocently smiling— a smile that was far from innocent. Sebin was the key to Heeyoung's knowledge about the tea happening at school, the reason why she became her minion. Sebin always had her way of knowing everything since Yunseo didn't recall telling anyone about it as promised.

"What did he say?" Kim Heeyoung taunted, entertained that only the three of them knew the context behind their conversation while the others puzzledly watched. She pretended to think, looking up at the ceiling. "Like I care about his words anyway."

"Heeyoung," Yunseo warned, her voice going an octave lower. Park Sunghoon had been ignoring the interaction, but he finally pulled his earbuds away from his ear as he looked up at his seatmate.

Choi Yunseo looked like she was about to start a fight with how her nails were digging into her skin from how tight her fist was. Sunghoon wondered if it would bleed soon. He licked his dry lips out of habit.

However, when Yunseo sent Heeyoung a loud slap just as the latter was about to reveal something Sunghoon didn't know of, he winced audibly, staring at Yunseo in amazement and the now red cheek of a surprised Heeyoung. The slap sounded painful too.

"I'm sorry, my hand went flying before my words," Yunseo apologized sarcastically. Park Sebin stood up from her seat and came to Heeyoung's aid, grimacing at Yunseo along the way. She then grabbed a fistful of the latter's hair and aggressively pulled on them.

Kim Heeyoung watched her minion and Choi Yunseo pulled on each other's hair. She was certain they would go bald once they broke it off as she held onto her stinging red cheek. She clenched her jaw, stomping out of the classroom, and pushing people out of the way. At the same time, a teacher entered the classroom to stop the conflict.

-

"Are you okay?" Mira questioned the girl who got herself into a fight for a reason she was unable to comprehend. "What was that all about?"

Jeon Mira was now dressed in her gym uniform colored in navy with a hint of white. She had her mid-back length hair flowing smoothly down her shoulders. Her overgrown bangs were swept to each side and her tired eyes were visible for everyone to see. Gym class was next, but Mira chose to visit the infirmary first.

Yunseo sough tiredly, her scalp aching as she massaged the spot with her finger. Her hair was disheveled and it was moderately difficult to untangle them. There was also a scratch on her cheek from Sebin's long manicured nails. Park Sebin was placed in another infirmary room to ensure they won't start another fight.

"To be honest, I have no idea, but I got a hint of what Heeyoung was trying to do," Choi Yunseo started. "She and I weren't on the best terms. We used to be friends until something happened a year ago that I rather not talk about. The main point was that Heeyoung found pleasure in seeing me humiliated in front of everyone, and I guess she was trying to expose your relationship with Jungwon?"

Mira blinked in confusion, her head tilted to the side attempting to find a reason why her relationship was involved in Heeyoung and Yunseo's story.

"I'm not sure if this is the appropriate time to confess, but I had a crush on your boyfriend a few months ago. Heeyoung knew that, so she tried to make me jealous," The girl elaborated, still massaging her scalp to ease the pain. "It backfired as you can see. Don't worry though, I don't like him anymore."

Yunseo ran a hand through her tangled hair, attempting to fix the mess before she laid down on the mattress, staring up at the white ceiling. "Moving on is easy for me. Been doing that lots of times," She chuckled, looking at Mira who was silently listening and sitting on the wooden stool beside the bed.

"You should go to the gym. Coach is probably taking attendance right now," Yunseo poked the girl's light freckled cheek and smiled, "Don't be late because of me," She winked, her lips forming a slight curve at Mira's taken-aback expression.

a/n; thoughts on yunseo's character?