Chapter 1: Play the Hero

The Kingdom of Camelot is a rising kingdom coming up as a sizeable nation. Existing south of the major domain of Liones. Ruled by the young king Arthur Pendragon, leading with both wisdom and strength. The people of his kingdom live in peace and tranquility, with little to ever worry about. But times of peace are often broken by an act of war. On the southern wall, an enormous giant creature looms over the city walls. King Arthur ordered the people near the southern wall to evacuate to the city's northern district.

But the battle at the southern wall mattered little to the people in the north district, as the loudness of the food market almost drowned out the battle

But the battle at the southern wall mattered little to the people in the north district, as the loudness of the food market almost drowned out the battle. The market stands hold an assortment of trinkets, doo-dads, and food for those with coin to spend.

In the bustling streets of the crowd, a young man, around 25, walks through with a small wooden basket holding multiple fruits and vegetables. On his hip, a katana's sheath gleams against the sunlight. His long white hair was tied up in a small tail, his hair a stark contrast to his deep red eyes. He wears a black coat with white accents along the torso, his right sleeve removed as his metal arm sticks out like a sore thumb. His appendage earned him many stares and eyes of people, especially the children, as they watched him with awe, around his neck, a small blue necklace connected to a bright blue medallion. Looking over a stand of cabbages, he inspects some of them with a keen eye, eventually picking one that'd suit his purpose.

Paying for the cabbage, he stops as he hears and sees a large explosion coming from the southern wall.

Cabbage Seller: "I wonder what's going on over there? I heard rumors that there some massive beast on the southern wall." The woman said with worry in her tone.

White Haired Man: "Probably something the knights can handle. None of our concern."

Cabbage Seller: "Well, I suppose your right. Are you a knight yourself?"

White Haired Man: "Of sorts. Where I come from, I would be called a Samurai or, more technically, a Ronin. But to be simple, it's a different form of a knight."

As the woman began to speak some more, the man wasn't paying attention as he heard the sound of distant thunder that seemed to be closing in. But there were no signs of rain or a storm of any kind. But soon, the thunder stopped abruptly. He focused his senses as he heard screaming, and he could feel a presence, dark and full of malice. His eyes shoot wide open as he tackles the cabbage sale woman, shielding her as a wave of destruction washed over the entire market.

Shortly after, the man pushes some pieces of rubble and debris off the two. Looking around, he saw the entire market and surrounding area had been reduced to a practical wasteland. Helping the woman up, she looks around in fear and horror, but the man's attention is soon grabbed by a group of fighters going against a towering metal figure, and they were losing to the metal warrior.

 Helping the woman up, she looks around in fear and horror, but the man's attention is soon grabbed by a group of fighters going against a towering metal figure, and they were losing to the metal warrior

White Haired Man: "You need to run. Go find the knights and tell them to hurry." The woman turns to the young man with a tinge of fear but soon recollects herself and nods as she hurries off. "*Sigh* I tell her I won't get involved, that I'll lay low, but here I am getting involved. She's going to fucking kill me."

Over with the group of knights going up against the towering figure, the knight's are getting absolutely demolished. They stand no chance against a foe such as this. One of them surrounds himself in a black substance and proceeds to launch and trap the metal warrior in a tower of dark energy. But it proves ineffective.

Walking forward after finishing the last of the knights he yanks his spear from the smaller knights body

Metal Warrior: "Now I've lost interest. Time can be so cruel, eh? The treacherous warrior, Meliodas. And you fools who dare stand against us! Chide yourselves in the afterlife for being so weak!"

As he goes to impale Meliodas, he stops as his spear and forearm are sent flying from his arm.

Galand: "Who dares interrupt the Commandment of Truth, Galand!?!" Looking around as the same dark substance Meliodas had seems to reattach his forearm to him.

White Haired Man: "Well, well, well. It seems you aren't as tough as you look. That attack was more to get your attention but I didn't think it'd remove your arm, my bad." He says as he stands behind Galand sheathing his blood red blade.

Galand: "Oh? And who might you be? To be so bold as to not only approach a Ten Commandment but attack one? You must be some sort of fool; there is no other alternative." Learning down to get a good look at the young man.

White Haired Man: "No one too important, just don't like bullies is all. Never could stand them. Looks like you did a real number on these guys. Especially that Meliodas, whoever that is."

Galand continues to look down on the young man, absolutely baffled. Not only did this man attack him and do a considerable amount of damage, even if he was weakened after being revived. But this boy talked to him as though he was beneath this white-haired child.

Galand, enraged by the concept of a human looking down upon him, quickly tries to attack him, but his ears are deafened as the boy somehow slashes him in two across the chest faster than even he could track. Leaving behind only the echo of a loud ringing sound.

The young man again sheathes his blade as Galand reforms himself.

White Haired Man: "Good now that you got that out of your system listen up. Leave. Don't come back. Or I'll kill you...got it?" Galand looks down at the boy with rage seeping from him.

Galand: "Fine. But before I leave, tell me your name, so I know who I'll make sure dies a painful death when we meet again."

White Haired Man: "...Hawk. Hawk Branwen."*

*For Info on who Hawk Branwen is read, Child of Omens: Ruination Part 1*