Chapter 19: Will Ride Upon The Dragon's Back

Hawk dashes forward, dodging one claw swipe and slicing clean through another claw. Closing the distance, Hawk jumps over the Demon King out of the way of both his claws as they attack. Landing and quickly sheathing Jetstream, he shoots the blade from the sheath, cutting upwards just in time to dismember the leg of the Demon King as he tries to land a cheap shot. Following through the strike, Hawk uses both hands to perform an overhead slash, but the Demon King dodges, batting Hawk away with one of his golden claws. As Hawk slides backward from the hit, he feels an immense amount of pain. He's not as durable as before, which was apparent when he coughed up a bit of blood from that last hit.

Pyrrha: "Hawk!!"

Hawk: "Stay back!! I got this! Just gotta get back into the groove." Steadying himself as he takes a battle stance once again.

Dante(mental): "Obviously, I don't need to tell you not to take direct hits like that. You aren't super soldier tough anymore, and you're still recovering from that beating from Escanor."

Hawk(mental): "So be careful. Got it."

Demon King Meliodas: "Do you need me to lessen the pace, human? You seem rather tired. Still haven't recovered, have you?"

Hawk: "You know..you might be right, but just because I'm fighting on empty doesn't mean your win is guaranteed."

Demon King Meliodas: "Oh? And how is that?"

Hawk: "Simple. I'm just better." Leveling his sword, he smirks at the Demon King. "Now come on. Or are you getting tired already?"

This sends the Demon King into a rage as he sends both of his clawed arms to attack Hawk in a pincer formation. But Hawk parries the first claw and cuts the other down the middle. He slices through the other claw before severing the Demon King's arm from his body and cutting a deep gash in his chest. While attacks did damage, they amounted to little as the arm reattached itself, and the chest wound healed instantly. But Hawk didn't relent his assault. Quickly sheathing Jetstream, he shot the blade into an upward slash that cut two of the Demon King's hearts in half and the torso it slashed through. This attack sent the Demon King backward into a destroyed building.

Hawk: "You've never fought a day in your life. Always relying on your overwhelming power or your minions to do the dirty work. But you have no skill, no technique; you fight like a puppet flailing its arms around. Pathetic."

Arthur: "Hawk! Wait!" Arthur rushing up to Hawk's side, wielding Excalibur. "Pyrrha has a plan. But we have to buy her time."

Ban: "Don't forget about the rest of the Sins. They're inside the captain's conscious, trying to break his mind from the Demon King's control. Your girlfriend's got an attack that can weaken his control over the captain, but she's gotta land it." Ban says as he walks up to Hawk's left, taking a battle stance.

Hawk: "Got it. Buy her time. Are you sure you are ready to fight?"

Ban: "Psh. I'm all peachy Uhm...uh..who are you?"

Hawk: "Oh right, we've never met. Name's Hawk Branwen. You?"

Ban: "Ban, Sin of Greed. A real pleasure."

Hawk: "Nice. You ready, Arthur? This isn't going to be like your training with Pyrrha."

Arthur: "I'm ready. I think I can draw out a small bit of that power of yours stored in the Excalibur. And I want to avenge all the innocent people of Camelot murdered by the Demon King's war."

Estarossa: "I shall assist as well." Hawk turns in surprise as he sees Estarossa descend on angelic wings and wearing an all-white outfit.

Hawk: "Estarossa!?! When did you change outfits?"