Chapter 7: The Holy Land

Hawk groans as he slowly sits up from the bed he's in. Looking around, he sees he's back in his and Pyrrha's room they have in the Boar Hat Tavern, but he's alone. Getting up, he looks outside the window of the room. He sees that they were in a completely different area than he remembered. Now that he thought about it, he had trouble remembering what had happened before. The last thing he remembered, he had just slain Grayroad, and strange energy was left in the demon's place. That was all he remembered before passing out. Looking around, he sees both Yamato and Jetstream in a chair by the bed. Picking up his blades, he finds a small note.

Hawk
If you are awake and reading this, go outside and head through the large stone gate.
Love, Pyrrha

Hawk sighs to himself, for as much as he failed and fell, Pyrrha would always be there for him, almost babying him. He shrugs the thoughts away as he makes his way out of the tavern. Heading out into a wide arid plane, he admires the beauty of it. Back on Remnant, not many places could be as tranquil as this, primarily due to the presence of Grimm. So it was nice to finally see someplace that didn't have any danger to it, just...peace. Quickly spotting the gate, Pyrrha mentioned he was surprised to see it was only a set of large stones stacked on top of one another to make it appears like an archway. Approaching it, he highly believed it wasn't a gate as it didn't lead anywhere except behind it, but Hawk remembered how he got the Yamato *(1). Doors don't always lead where they show. Walking underneath the archway, his suspicions were confirmed as he ran right into an invisible wall. He rebounded off him as it seemed to ripple as he touched it. Hawk could tell that the power that made this doorway was actively keeping him out, as though he wasn't allowed inside.

Hawk: "It seems the Druids don't take kindly to outsiders. Well then, it'd be a shame if I had a universal key... Oh, wait." He says sarcastically to himself.

Drawing Yamato from its sheath, Hawk feels a sort of wholeness to it. He hadn't used it since he was freed from his life sentence *(2). But he didn't want to admit it to himself or especially to Pyrrha, but he missed wielding his "grandfather's" blade. Refocusing, he performed a singular slash on the shield in front of him. As expected, the Yamato made short work of the barrier as a door-shaped tear formed and Hawk could see to the other side. Walking through now unabated, he could see the majesty that was the Druid's Holy land. But to be more specific, it was more of a small island than a "land".

A thin stretch of land acted as a bridge from the doorway to the island. On the island were two distinct structures. One was a prominent stone spire that seemed to pierce over the large stone walls that blocked in the island. The other was just the stump of what was a massive tree. Walking across the bridge, he's stopped as three figures stand in his way. They don't look too happy.

Small Blonde: "You trespass here, demon! Leave at once or face the consequences!"

Hawk: "Hi, I'm no demon. I'm just here to see my friends. Is this about the door? Sorry, by the way, I wasn't really told of a way to enter."