Chapter 11: Like Vultures in Waiting

Estarossa: "Well, would you look at that. Gloxinia and Drole know how to throw a good tournament. If it weren't for us here to kill Meliodas, I would've joined as well."

Zeldris: "Hmph, and as predicted by our new companion, Meliodas runs in like a rat into a trap."

Monspeet: "Too bad Galand isn't here to enjoy this. But, it serves him right for talking a big game and wanting to go on his own. Wouldn't you think Hawk?"

Hawk, as well as the other Commandments, stood on a large rock formation that gave them a perfect view over the "tournament" Gloxinia and Drole had organized. But it was nothing more than a trap to draw in Meliodas. The Commandments watched Meliodas as he made his way through the maze. But Hawk's focus was more on Pyrrha. She had come with Meliodas as well as the other Seven Deadly Sins, as well as a few others Hawk didn't care for. He watched as she made her way through the labyrinth of stone and rock.

Derieri: "*Whistle* Damn Hawk, I don't swing that way, but I like your taste in woman." Everyone else gave her a confused look. "What? I can like things."

Zeldris: "...Anyway, Hawk? What can you tell us about this, Pyrrha?"

Estarossa: "Fighting style-wise. Don't want you gushing to us about your love life."

Hawk: "*Sigh* He fighting style comes from her breathing. It is a unique form of breathing that she does to enhance her attacks and fighting style. It involves her inhaling as much oxygen as possible, so if you do face her, try to tire her out.-"

Estarossa: "You would know something about that."

Zeldris: "Shut it, Estarossa."

Hawk: "Anyways, her fighting style is mostly made up of heavy slashes and cuts, designed to close the distance between her and her target. So don't underestimate her at long distances. She also has tools to defend herself from ranged attacks. So if I have any advice to give you...watch your neck. She'll be going for decapitations."

Monspeet: "She does know we don't die from beheading, right?"

Hawk: "She does know. It never worked on me."

Zeldris: "You've been beheaded?"

Hawk: "When she got back from her training, she wanted to show me the techniques she learned and wanted to see if they worked against me. Trust me. I was quite surprised when she beheaded me the first time. I got a good laugh, though, when I pranked her. You should've seen her; she was all over the place. The first thing she did was toss my head. Hahaha...*sigh*."

Zeldris: "Hmm...sounds like you were meant for each other."

Monspeet: "Is our fearless leader jealous of our recruit?"

Zeldris: "No. I was just pointing out what I saw."

Derieri: "Hmph, whatever you say. Say? Where's Melascula? I know she went with Galand. But the geezer would never miss an opportunity to fight for fun."

Melascula: "Alas, I wish I shared the same fate as Galand. But the Demon King still has use of me."

The rest of the group turned to see Melascula had been severely burned all over her body. She told the group how she and Galand were chasing another member of the Seven Deadly Sins, Ban. They tracked him to a bar in the middle of nowhere. There they met a somewhat cocky man who then preceded to force Galand to suffer his Commandment and inflict severe burns on her. Leaving her in this state, she said his name was Escanor.

Hawk was slightly intrigued by this Escanor if he could easily defeat Melascula and Galand. He may actually prove to be a good fight, if they ever meet.