Chapter 9: Solitude isn't a Reward

The downpour of rain hits the chipped stone of an old church, the breaking of old rotted boards of signs belonging to once-bustling shops that made their home in the small village now abandoned. Inside the church that once served to bring the people of this town together sits Hawk. He's sitting in a pew that wasn't dilapidated like the other pews.

Hawk: "I'm not really sure why I'm here. I never really have been one to turn towards deities for help or guidance of any kind, but I guess when you are at your lowest, you'll take anything... *Sigh* God? Or Gods? It's Hawk. I know we haven't been on good terms for...well, a very long time. But...I need help. I'm lost; I don't know what to do. I've run from my past for what feels like forever, and now I feel trapped. I did what I thought was right. I showed her who I truly was...and she hated it. She always hated me...hated the demon I am. Ever since she had been taken, she's hated demons, and by extension me. She's the only one I have. Everyone else is gone by my hand. I can't live in a world where the only person I care for despises me for what I am. Look... What I'm trying to say or well ask is... Please, take this curse away from me. Let me be human, please?"

But there was only silence. The sound of distant thunder seemed to echo through the desolate village. Hawk was alone, alone to think of his own failings and sins...or so he thought.

???: "Well, why would you ask for something like that?"

Hawk shoots up from the pew and turns towards the person. He had been sloppy; he should've sensed the person approaching. But that didn't matter; his hand was tightly gripped around the handle of Yamato as he faced the person or, more accurately, multiple people. The one in front was the tallest and appeared to be the one who spoke. He had silver hair, like Elizabeth's hair, but shorter and more scraggly. He wore purple clothing with silver armor plates on his forearms and legs. His face caught Hawk off guard as it reminded him of someone he used to know.

Behind him were two others

Behind him were two others. One stood by the door on full red plate armor, he has long black hair, and he looked towards Hawk with a modicum of disdain. On his hip, he holds a standard longsword, nothing too impressive to Hawk.

And the last one was the smallest of the group, but Hawk could tell he was the most dangerous

And the last one was the smallest of the group, but Hawk could tell he was the most dangerous. He stood calmly by the taller white-haired man. He wore black and red clothing and minimal armor. But Hawk knew that whoever this was, was a swordsman, and swordsmen rarely need armor.