Chapter 8: Red Sun Rises Again

Pyrrha rushes through the burning city, her heart races as she didn't want to believe she was back here. Behind her, Arthur tries to keep up, but he's having trouble. Arthur was confused as he'd never seen this architecture before. The area was covered in sand as the buildings seemed to be constructed from a sandstone substance. Pyrrha, on the other hand, wasn't paying attention to her surroundings; she was only focused on trying to find a way out. But this city was a maze of alleys and streets, some of them blocked off by burning rubble.

Arthur: "Lady Pyrrha, slow down! What is this place?!"

Pyrrha: "It doesn't matter, Arthur! We have to get out of here before he finds us!"

Arthur: "Before who?!"

Pyrrha stops as terror sweeps over her face. She freezes in place. Arthur stops next to her as he sees a man wielding a katana impale another man. In the man's other hand is the upper torso of a young woman around Arthur's age. The most distinct feature of the man was his right arm was covered in a red and black glow and spikes.

 The most distinct feature of the man was his right arm was covered in a red and black glow and spikes

As the figure pulls the blade from the person, it drops them into the flames of a destroyed building. Blood drips from his sword as he turns towards Arthur and Pyrrha. Stepping down from what Arthur can tell as a large pile of corpses, he tosses the severed torso to the side. Arthur's eyes widen as he recognizes the person as Hawk.

Hawk: "Well... It looks like more huntsman here to try and stop me. Will you provide me with more of a challenge than this group?" Continuing to walk towards the two.

Arthur couldn't believe what he was hearing. Hawk was the epitome of discipline and honor; there was no way Hawk would say things like this. As he got closer, another person tried to ambush Hawk, but he ducked and grabbed the person by their throat. He slams them into the wall and sinks his clawed hand into their throat. Finding a grip, he tears their skull from their head with their spine attached.

Hawk: "Apologies... They don't have any manners... Now, where were we?"

He begins to close the distance between the two. Arthur readies his longsword as Pyrrha was still terrified by Hawk, too terrified even to move. She didn't know what to do, this wasn't the real Hawk she knew that much, but she never knew what he did when they raided Vacuo. But to see what he did, terrified her. To know that the man she loved had mercilessly butchered all these people. As she was still frozen in place, Arthur clashes with Hawk, their blades creating sparks as they lock with one another.

Hawk: "My, my, someone who actually knows how to steel their nerves... Or is this fighting with your back against the wall. It's okay. It'll only make your death a quick one."

Arthur: "Hawk, this isn't you! Stop and think for a moment! Please!"

Hawk: "Oh, please. If words like that had any effect, this wouldn't be any fun for me. How about you save your words for me when you get to hell?" Pushing Arthur away, the force behind it sends Arthur into a wall. "Now for you." Looking to Pyrrha. "I thought I told you to head to the Academy, not follow me. Go, I won't tell you again!" His voice seemed to echo with a dark tone. His words seemed to cut into Pyrrha, tears beginning to well up.