[ VIII ] ESCAPE WITH ME

MIN ARI 

I am currently in the garden watering my plants. A sigh escaped from my lips. I badly want to visit Miren to find survivors, no matter how few they are. Who knows? They might just be hiding somewhere.

"You are drowning the plants, Your Highness." A baritone voice almost made me jumped. I gasped and immediately pulled the sprinkler back.

I cleared my throat and lowkey fixed myself before facing him, "What are you doing here, Alas?"

His eyes roamed around the place until it reached into something. I followed his vision and notice he was staring at the dead roses, "Ah. I am planning to revive them, don't worry."

I am also puzzled as to why it died. It was very healthy before and I didn't even miss a day watering it.

"I see." Heeseung nodded before glancing at his wristwatch. He then fixed his gaze on me, "It is already 1 in the morning, Your Highness. Aren't you going to sleep?"

"I can't sleep." I avoided his gaze, "I tried, but I only ended up getting a nightmare. Miren. I saw how it fell apart. How my parents died. The people's cry..." I swallowed hard and heaved a sigh.

Heeseung stared at me. Pity is evident in his eyes, "Do you want... to escape?"

My brows shot up as I confusingly looked at him. He flashed a genuine smile as he wandered his eyes around, "I can take you to Miren, Your Highness. We'll pass through the back gate."

I swallowed hard, "How about Sunghoon? He'll get mad once he finds out."

His smile faded, "I'll take the blame." He avoided my gaze and slowly clenched his fist, "I am usually not the type to oppose him... but when it comes to you, Ari..."

My forehead creased when he whispered words inaudible to me. I tilted my head, "What?"

He shook his head and offered his hand, "Shall we, Your Highness?"

I stared at his hand as it remained in the air, waiting for me to hold it. I slowly raised mine as I placed it on top of his', "Thank you, Heeseung."

He halted.