[ XXI ] HE'S BACK

MIN ARI 

I don't know if I was just having delusions, but I saw a trace of pain on his expression. Guilt slowly crept into me. My grip on his collar slowly loosened. I was about to leave him when he caught my wrist once again, "Just this time... trust me, Ari..."

His voice broke, "Please..."

I don't want to admit it but my heart hurts seeing him like this. I hate him for what he did to me, but for some reasons, I hate seeing him in pain, either.

I swayed my hand to remove it from his grip. I walked towards the bathroom and locked the door. I shouldn't be feeling this way, right?

I should hate him because he ruined everything.

After taking a bath, I went inside the walk-in-closet to change into a night dress. Sunghoon was already on top of the bed. The lower part of his body was covered with the blanket. I was contemplating whether to sleep beside him or not, but the bed is wide. I think it's okay.

I grabbed my blanket and covered my body with it. I felt the other side of the bed moving so I swallowed hard. Did I woke him up?

I just closed my eyes in an attempt to sleep but I felt a hand crawling towards my waist. He moved his body closer which almost made me feel like my stomach would turn upside down, "My wife..."

"I'm sorry..." He muttered against my hair. His hand slightly caressed my waist as he moved his body even closer. His other hand went at the back of my head.

"I don't have any other choice. It was to protect you, Ari. That idea was temporary. I am plotting ways to get Miren back for you. So please, don't hate me... I don't... like you hating me..."

"It hurts..." His voice broke until I heard a sob. My eyes slowly widened. Why the fuck is he crying?

I turned around to confirm if he's really crying but he immediately tilted his head to the side. He low key wiped his tears and sniffed, "I'm going for a trip with Heeseung tomorrow. I might stay there for a week. It's a secret so please don't tell anyone about this, including our parents."

"Where?"

"We just have to meet someone." He pulled my waist closer. I swallowed hard when I felt his soft lips on my forehead, "Please take care of yourself while I'm away..."