[ XVIII ] BIRTHDAY GIFT

MIN ARI 

She just stared at us, tears started to pool in her eyes. She bit her lower lip as she clenched her fists, "You aren't like this before, Sunghoon! You cared for me! Why? Is it because of this girl?!"

"She isn't just any girl, Via." Sunghoon replied in a calm tone, yet there was a hint of frustration in it. "She's my wife."

"Those years... you just... forgot everything when she came?" Via unbelievably laughed, "You're supposed to marry me if only Miren didn't—"

"Enough, will you?!" Sunghoon's voice echoed in the entire hall. It made Via jumped. All of the palace workers halted for a while and immediately left the area.

"B-but you promised me... when we were younger... that you will marry me..." Her voice faded, it was then followed by a sob.

I looked away and bit my lower lip. Via and Sunghoon were supposed to get married... if only... I didn't come?

"When did I? It was my parents, Via. My parents were the ones who promised you. Not me. Instead of coming here, why don't you come at them and ask them what's going on?" He mercilessly responded. "I liked you when we were younger. You were carefree and innocent..."

"Yet, now... you're becoming the person I hate the most." Sunghoon disappointedly shook his head before grabbing my arm as he pulled me to somewhere. I still can't process anything. The next thing I realized, we're already in front of a white majestic looking horse.

"This is Lilly." I flinched and lifted my head to look at Sunghoon. He raised a brow as he brushed his horse's hair, "She's a camarillo white horse. She was given by the king when I was around 11."

I nodded and looked at the horse. I squinted my eyes when another horse neighed. I looked at the other direction and saw a familiar brown horse, "Tucker!"

"You know Tucker?" Sunghoon confusedly asked, "He's Heeseung's horse."

I laughed, "Yup! Heeseung took me—" I paused and pursed my lips.

Sunghoon stared at me for a while before nodding. He showed a fake smile, "You two rode a horse together."

"You know what? It was the first time Heeseung opposed any of my command. I clearly told him not to bring you anywhere. Look what he did? He must've like you very much."