[ XXVIII ] THE UNTOLD

THIRD PERSON 

Unbeknownst to them, someone was watching the two royalties as they were talking to each other. Jana clenched her fist as she seriously stared at Sunghoon. Hatred, anger, jealousy. Those were the things she felt as she monitored the two.

"You know... it will hurt more if you keep on watching them." A familiar low female voice was heard from behind. Jana sighed and turned around to face her. She slightly bowed down,

"Greetings, Princess Seol-hee."

Seol-hee's lips parted into a mocking smile. She first followed the maid with her gaze before moving her feet towards where the other was going. She rested both of her hands behind her back as her eyes never left Jana.

The royal highness is back again after her martial arts and archery training from another region.

Jana noticed the footsteps behind her so she immediately halted from walking. "Do you have anything to say, Your Highness?"

"I wonder if it is really my brother that you're interested with... or your mistress?"

Seol-hee's smile grew even wider when she saw how Jana's expression changed in a snap. A trace of horror was evident on her face. It was as if Seol-hee just figured out her long secret she never wishes to reveal.

"W-what are you talking about? You should rest. You must be having a jet lag or something..." Her voice faded as she looked away to avoid the Princess' gaze.

"Your eyes were full of hatred, anger and jealousy... and it was directed at my brother. If you truly like Sunghoon, you should hate Ari. Why are you hating him, instead?"

Jana snorted, "I hate him because of the fact that he chose her over me!"

She was so tense that she lost the ability to understand whatever she uttered. It's not making any sense.

"Why would he choose you if he only recognizes you as Ari's personal maid? You can never fool me, Hwang Hye-jin."

Jana stood frozen out of shock, especially when she heard the last sentence from the Princess. It was as if her stomach will turn upside down anytime soon.

"I actually almost didn't recognize you. However, I saw you leaving Ariaden to visit Pria, and the palace workers were bowing at you as if you were a very important person. Turns out you're Hye-jin, after all... Hyunjin's one and only sister."

She laughed as she scanned Jana's face. "What could've happened if Ari finds out about this? She will throw you out, for sure. She will hate you to death because your kingdom is the reason why her parents—"

Seol-hee's words got cut off when Jana's palm harshly landed on her right cheek. Despite the slap, Seol-hee kept on going.

"You even asked your brother to marry Ari so you could control her more if she were to stay inside your kingdom? How pathetic, Hye-jin."

"Shut the fuck up! You don't know anything!" Tears slowly fell to her cheeks. She bit her lower lips as she reflected what Seol-hee said. Ari hating her is her greatest fear.

"I do. I know everything. I know the deepest secret each one of you is hiding. No one can fool me." She gave her the most evil smirk before walking away.