[ XI ] SEOL-HEE'S RETURN

THIRD PERSON 

Heeseung is already anticipating it. He has already predicted Sunghoon to react this way, "Where the hell did you put your brain, Lee Heeseung?!"

Heeseung clenched his jaw as he remained standing straight in front of Sunghoon's table. Sunghoon took a deep breath, attempting to calm himself, "Forgive me, Your Highness. I'll take responsibility and resolve this matter immediately."

"What do you think the consequence will be if a single word comes out?" Sunghoon glared at him, "You'll be punished for harming the Princess... Do you know what the penalty would be?"

"Death." He responded under his breath and avoided the prince's glare, "As I have said, I will take responsibility. I don't care if I'll get killed. My priority for now is to save-"

Heeseung's face flew to the other side after a hard punch from Sunghoon, "Come to your senses, will you?" He grabbed Heeseung's collar and and drew his face closer,

"You are the one who should come to your senses, Your Highness. Your fiancée is in great danger right now. How could you be so calm-" Heeseung pursed his lips when the prince tightly grabbed his collar even more.

"Are you really becoming stupid just because of that mere girl?" Sunghoon gritted his teeth before letting Heeseung go. He walked past him, but suddenly stopped when he was about to grab the doorknob. He turned his head to the side and scoffed, "This is why following your heart is far less important than using your brain. That way, you'd come up with a clever way to save someone you care about."

Sunghoon heaved a sigh before twisting the doorknob, "Don't let anyone know about this. I'll save the Princess myself." He finally said and pulled the door. He halted when he saw someone familiar standing right in front of his office.

"W-what are you doing here?"

The girl crossed her arms and smirked, "Do you need my help, brother?"

 MIN ARI 

Hwang Hyunjin laughed after observing my reaction. He properly stood up and roamed his eyes around the room, "I wonder when will Prince Sunghoon come."

I swallowed and looked away. Will he, though? He is probably rejoicing right now. Getting rid of me and Pria. Isn't it like hitting two birds with one stone?

"Or is it your knight-" Hyunjin paused when an arrow almost hit him. I gasped and immediately turned around. My forehead creased as I stared at the unfamiliar woman on the window.

She fixed her hair and completely went inside the room, "How the fuck did you..." Hyunjin mumbled under his breath.

"Are you okay?" The woman held my arm as she placed me behind her. Hyunjin squinted his eyes while staring at her. His face then became calm as soon as he recognized her.

"Seol-hee?"

"Hello there, Hwang Hyunjin."

Hyunjin plastered an amused expression. His tongue touched the inside of his cheek and looked away, refusing to believe anything, "It isn't Sunghoon or Heeseung... but you?"

The woman, which I believe is named Seol-hee raised a brow, "Were you expecting the two of them? I am sorry to disappoint you, then."

Hyunjin's amused expression faded, "I am not stupid. I know you didn't come here alone. Where are they?" He seriously asked.

"Ari, let's go home."

I stood up and walked towards Sunghoon. I faced Hyunjin and creased my forehead. I am surprised he didn't stop us. It seems like their conversation a while ago was effective.

"Don't forget our deal, Prince Sunghoon."

Sunghoon took a deep breath and looked at me, "I won't." He responded without breaking his eye contact with me.

Deal? What deal?

"Princess Ari." I gulped when Hyunjin called my name, "It was a waste not making you my queen, but your fiancé's deal is much better and... hassle free."

Sunghoon suddenly pulled me away from him. As if he's afraid what Hyunjin might say next.

Sunghoon opened the car's door. After letting me in first, he quickly followed. I flinched when he harshly closed the door, "I told you to stay put. You never listen."

My mouth was unable to produce any words. I just sat down and fidgeted with my fingers. I raised my head and looked at him when I heard his sigh. He massaged the bridge of his nose like he usually does when he's stressed.

"Did he hurt you?"

I shook my head, "No."

He nodded and looked outside through the window, "That's a relief..."