[ XV ] TRAITORS

THIRD PERSON

Fist clenched, a woman made her way inside the premises of Pria's palace. She was immediately greeted with their royal court ladies and butlers.

"Welcome back, Your Highness."

"Where's my brother?" She sternly asked the people in front of her.

"He's in his office. Should we inform the king of your arrival—"

She didn't let the head court lady finish her words. The princess immediately walked away and when she was already far from them, they all scoffed together.

"That rude brat. I thought the king already decided to depose her." A court lady muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes.

"Right... I sometimes wish for her to never come back here. I wonder what happened in Ariaden?"

Unbeknownst of all the badmouthing, the Princess harshly opened the door of the king's office. Hyunjin wasn't surprised of her arrival as if he was already expecting it.

"Why did Ari come back? I thought you're going to marry her?!" She was fuming mad, yet, the king just ignored her.

"Brother!" She called once again.

Hyunjin harshly heaved a sigh before putting down the document on his table. He raised a brow as he lifted his head to look at his younger sister, "Sunghoon offered a better deal."

"This isn't what we agreed upon! You promised you'll marry her so I could have Prince Sunghoon!"

Hyunjin sarcastically laughed. He looked away as he touched the inside of his cheek using his tongue, "Do you think Sunghoon will marry you? He obviously likes the Princess. He wouldn't go this far saving her, after all."

"No, he doesn't! No fucking way! He hates her!" She shook her head, refusing to believe anything.

The door opened once again. Pria's princess scoffed when she saw who entered, "What are you doing here? Ariaden's traitor..."

The young man's brows shot up. He smirked and comfortably sat on the couch, "I should be the one asking you that. Shouldn't you be serving her highness?"

"And shouldn't you be serving his highness?" She sarcastically shot back, making the other frown.

"What are you doing here?" Hyunjin spoke as he laid his eyes on the man who just arrived.

"I want to know your plan. Why did you return Ari? I thought you wanted Miren?"

Hyunjin mentally rolled his eyes after hearing two the same questions at a consecutive time. It made the Princess look at him, wanting to hear his answer so bad.

"Sunghoon offered Miren to me. In exchange, he wants me to hand Ari back." He sighed, "I agreed. After all, my original plan is to make Miren mine, not Ari."

"But you need Ari's consent before that. I know her too well. She won't give Miren up, no matter what! " The princess responded hysterically, "Just marry her and make Miren yours!"

"You said it yourself. She won't give Miren up, no matter what. Even if I'll marry her, she still won't give Miren to me."

She scoffed, "What's so good about Miren that you're going almost crazy about it, anyway? You even tricked me!"

"My dear sister..." He sighed and mockingly looked at her, "Miren is something more than meets the eye. Underneath their land are precious metals that have aided their economy in some way. They were so preoccupied with their economic progress that they neglected to adequately fund their military. Look what happened? They were defeated. After our ancestors' numerous failures, behold, I succeeded—you won't understand anyway, so why bother asking?"

She clinched her teeth. Anger completely seized control of her. She snatched the glass artwork from Hyunjin's table and threw it somewhere.

The other man gasped and stood up as he was almost hit by it, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Hye-jin?!"

"Stop calling me that!" She glared at the man and walked towards him, "Hye-jin is long dead."

"Jana..." Hyunjin gently called, "You need to go back to Ariaden. They might find you suspicious if you stay out for too long."

She didn't mind her brother and continued glaring at the man in front of her. Hyunjin shifted his eyes,

"You, too, Alas."