[ XIX ] MIN ALIUS

MIN ARI 

"Your Highness, the king has requested to see you." Alas stood beside Tucker's stable as soon as we arrived. He helped me get down by offering his hand. Sunghoon raised a brow,

"Alright. Take care of Lilly." He looked at me and gestured to come with him. I smiled and shook my head.

"I'll stay here for a while."

Sunghoon creased his forehead as he shifted his eyes to Alas. Alas just innocently smiled at him. The former rolled his eyes before walking outside the ranch.

"Did you have fun?" Heeseung turned his head to look at me. He smiled and messed my hair, "You seemed to have fun."

"I saw the view clearly this time. It was dark when you took me before, so I didn't really quite enjoy the view." I responded with a wide smile.

He chuckled and nodded, "I'm glad you and Sunghoon are finally getting closer."

My smile slowly faded. I licked my lower lip as I gazed upon Tucker who neighed when Heeseung touched him, "Why?"

"Because you two are married." He said without looking at me. He kept on brushing Tucker's hair, as if he's thinking something deep, "You will have to live with him for the rest of your life."

I stared at him as my eyes slowly reached down to his wrist. He was wearing a 3/4 sleeve polo so the accessory he's wearing was very visible.

I started getting goosebumps all over my body. I took one step back. I would have fallen to the ground if he hadn't caught my arm, "What's wrong, Ari?"

"Heeseung... that bracelet..." I can't feel my knees. The corner of my eyes are getting hot, until tears started to pool around my eyes, "That's... my brother's bracelet."

His grip on me slowly loosened.

I may not recall my brother's face, but that black leather bracelet is unmistakably his. It was personalized with his name inscribed beneath the stone pendant!

"May I see it, please?"

His brow furrowed. He slowly removed the bracelet and handed it to me. I sighed before accepting it. When I read the letters underneath the pendant, my knees buckled once more.

Min Alius.

That was the point at which my knees gave up. Heeseung crouched, worriedly holding my arm, "Ari!"

"Why is this with you? Why, Alas?!" I lifted my head as I clenched my jaw. I stared at him until a sob escaped my mouth, "Why do you have my brother's belonging?"

"What do you mean..." he shook his head, "Your brother's? Ari... that's mine."

No way... why would he...

"It's the only thing that was left with me when all my memories perished. It was in my wrist when I woke up—" He halted as his eyes slowly widened, "Ari..."

"Are you perhaps... adopted?" I muttered under my breath.

"I was adopted around the age of 10. My father was the one who found me unconscious at the coast. He's a fisherman and I owe my life to him. If he wasn't persistent enough to believe I was alive back then... I could've been... buried dead already."

"10..." I looked away. My brother was missing at the age of 10. Could it be...

"Do you remember anything in the past? Before you got adopted. Do you... remember a bit?" I asked with a hint of desperation in my voice. I clenched my fist, feeling my nails digging into my skin.

He stared at me. Certain emotions started to appear in his eyes, "Alas. I quite remember someone calling me Alas."

I closed my eyes.

How could you not realize it? It was Alius in the first place.

—-

The game is about to begin! I wonder who the game master is? 🐟👀