Chapter 10

I was back in my room, thinking.

Thinking about the things I had just discovered a few hours ago.

I stared at the wall.

I recalled what Caine had said earlier and started listing down the possible places in my head.

Possible places:

this pack land near the pond

Caine's old pack lands

waterfall near the Pond of Dreams

the cemetery where Hecate's mother's tomb is

I have no idea on how someone can reverse a witch's curse so I probably need to do some research about witches. I went to Charlotte and Liana's room and knocked. "Come in," Liana's voice called from inside.

I opened the door and shyly went inside. "Um, hi, I was just going to ask if there's a library in the pack house," I said awkwardly.

"Yeah we do," Charlotte said, brushing her hair while staring at her mirror. "It's a few halls down the dorms."

"I can lead you there if you'd like," Liana offered. "I have nothing to do anyway, it's not my turn in the kitchen."

"Okay!"

I wouldn't have accepted her offer if I wasn't that bad at directions. I didn't want to bother her but it's better than being lost and asking other unfriendly werewolves for help.

We both went out of the room and walked through a series of hallways. Once we finally reached the library, I finally remembered that I had actually been here before, since I was really bored and had finished my work early when I was still a human, I went here to ease my boredom.

"Thank you," I said once we stepped into the library.

"No problem, I was bored anyway," Liana shrugged as she left the library.

Hopefully, I'd be able to find my answers here. I went to the 'witches' section of the library and started finding for a good place to start.

History of Witches

Spells and Curses for Beginners

All you need to know about witch covens

History of the Black Witches

I got the first four books that had caught my eye and set them on the wooden table in the center of the library. I pulled a chair out and sat down. I opened the first book.

Introduction//

Witches are known to be close to vampires, both species born to be allies. Mer creatures, however, are the opposite. Creatures of the sea were made to have magic and so do witches, so they consider the other to be a threat to their kind.

Witches have different elements and kinds of magic, they can only have one element each; the original elements being: Water, Fire, Wind, and Earth, but soon after, another element was made; Darkness. A witch with the element of the Dark separates him/her from the other witches.

I turned the page, my brain hungry for more information.

How it all started//

Witches weren't there from The Beginning, they made their own kind;

Haven was a girl filled with happiness, you could also say that she was a happy ball of sunshine. She didn't have everything, but she was contented with what she had; a happy family. It was all she could ever wish for, until werewolves attacked her family. A vampire, feeling pity for the girl, tried to save her and the only person alive in her family; her mother. He took her and her mother into a safe place; his coven. The coven accepted them and took them in. Her mother was still devastated about her husband's and son's death and was selfish enough to end her life in front of Haven.