Chapter 32

"Don't worry, I got this," Butter said with a nervous grin

"What? No! You don't even know what to say," I argued.

"I'll make it up when I get there. I'll just say I'm doing experiments or something," she fiddled with her fingers before looking at me. "Just do me a favor and stay here. Don't get caught either. If someone knocks on the door, hide in the closet and press the black button, it's a secret hideout all of us made when that evil witch became head. Remember, don't do anything stupid."

"I won't. But what about you?"

"Don't worry Sno-, I mean Marshmallow, I'll live."

"I told you, you can still call me Snow. Marshmallow's just my second name, and almost everyone in here knows me by the name Snowy anyway."

"It's kind of disrespectful to the person who named you Marshmallow. Anyways, if you want and to lessen your worries, I can let you see through my eyes," she says with a smile.

"The one we used to do when we were pups?" I asked.

"What else?"

A loud ring of a bell interrupted our conversation. If I remember correctly, that was the night bell. Once the bell rings thrice, you have to be in bed, or else you'll get a demerit, unless you're doing something important, of course.

I didn't really care about merits and demerits, but merits were kind of useful sometimes. It gives extra food, clothes, and other necessities. Merits were like money in the HQ, but unlike in the real world, we still have what we need even if we don't have any merits.

"I gotta go before the third bell rings. See ya," Buttercup said while running towards the hall as I closed the door behind her.

I sat on one of the fluffy cushions around her room and tugged on one of the bracelets I always had with me. It was a simple white braided bracelet with a melted silver Buttercup flower charm.

It was our friendship bracelet. She made this for me, while I made her the same white braided bracelet but with a melted silver snowflake charm.

It may look like a simple, completely normal friendship bracelet friends exchange, but there was some mana in it. Later on, we figured out that we could install some more magic in it, and, with the braids soaked in the right ingredients, both the bracelets will be able to connect the two of us and grant us some sort of connection.

I tapped on the bracelet, putting some of my energy and mana into it, then concentrated.

Soon, my vision started getting blurry, and I found myself in Buttercup's eyes.

My ears were still hearing from where I was, and I could still feel the comfy cushions I was sitting on. Butter and I still haven't figured out how to be able to feel the entire presence of the other. But it's still pretty useful, in case someone breaks into Butter's room.