Chapter 36

It was ridiculously easy to get through security, for some odd reason

It was ridiculously easy to get through security, for some odd reason. There were barely any guards in our way, and I wasn't sure if it was just our luck or Buttercup's 'secret way out of the HQ without getting noticed' is actually a secret.

Now, we were at the market, but it wasn't as peaceful as it was before.

People were screaming at each other, wreaking havoc upon each others' stands, making insults about each others' products, and so on.

Buttercup lead me to one of the more peaceful parts of the market, and she set her stand up, placing signs of what she was trading and making sure the jar we took from the HQ was safely kept in her jacket.

There were many thieves running around and we can't risk the possibility of them stealing our only source of income.

People came and went, glancing at the signs of each stand and leaving once nothing interests them.

***

After the whole day, we were finally able to sell enough of the items to get a packet of the yeti's fur. I just realized how hard it is to sell and trade in the market these days.

Buttercup and I packed up and then went to the guy who was selling yeti's fur for sale, but was surprised when we saw him packing up, his clothes dirty and a bit ripped.

"What's going on?" I asked as I watched him place his things in his bag.

The man looked up at me and said, "If you're here to beat me up or rant about the "fake fur" and tell me to leave, then you don't have to because I'm leaving already."

"What do you mean? What fake fur?" Buttercup asked.

"People come here every single day I try to make money, telling me that the fur is fake when it's not! They go ahead and scare my customers away. They don't understand how much I need the money for my family," the man ended his explanation with a soft sigh.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Buttercup sympathized. "But, by any chance, do you still have some of the furs with you?"

The man looked at her like she didn't have a brain. "Of course I do. No one wanted to believe that it was real, so why would they buy them? Even if I put it up to a 50% sale, they still won't take it."

"We'll buy it," Buttercup said, but then paused. "Is it real though?"

The man sighed. "Yes, if you want, you can come back to the north with me. I'm breeding the last few yetis alive."

My eyes widened. "Yetis still exist?! They were announced extinct decades ago."

"I found them wandering in one of the forests near my place, so I took them home and bred them. Unfortunately, no one believes this and thinks my family just kept the yetis to raise the value of their parts. We never sold any because we were afraid this would happen... but now, we really need the money so..."

"Do you mind if we buy one packet?" I asked.

I know it might seem a bit rude to just ask right away right when he just shared his story... but I needed to take into account that I don't know Caine and Sylvia's conditions right now.

"Here," he gave the packet and took the money from my outstretched hand.

"Thank you."

Now all we need is the exact single drop of an Alpha's saliva and we're all set.

"Stupid, stupid wolf!" I screamed at my wolf.

Last night, I was enjoying the comfort of a warm bed, with multiple blankets draped over me. And now, here I was, being approached by a powerful alpha wolf, who seemed to enjoy approaching me as slowly as possible.

His coat, by the way, was still bleeding, dripping with blood, and the pool of blood around him grew thicker by the second, but he didn't seem to mind at all.

He surprised me by leaping over the rest of the space between us, and it being the first time my wolf was near his, he nuzzled his nose on her furry neck and whined.

His open wound started healing, and stitched themselves together.

My wolf returned his gesture, nuzzling his neck and letting out a soft purr.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"I'm being with my mate, duh," she linked back.

I mentally face-palmed and reminded myself to never give her control ever again.

"Let me be with mate, please," she whined inside my head.

"You could be, after the curse is broken," I told her firmly.

It seems as if she has zoned me out, because now all I could see is black, and everything she heard just echoed in my ears.

I swear, if this wolf does anything stupid...

"You'll what? Hmm? I'm trying to do something about the situation we're in and you keep talking. I'd rather hear a cat scratching a wall than your voice!"

Then the 'zoning out' flickered and was gone. Usually, the bond wolves and their humans had was too strong, so she couldn't block me out of her vision for long.

Caine's wolf was there on a pile of leaves, his tummy facing up. My wolf happily pawed his thick coat of fur, letting a soft purr out.

The wolf whined, standing up on all fours and rubbing his furry cheek on hers, then blinked with those familiar icy blue eyes. With red speckles floating around his pupils, but they were barely seen.

The wolf beckoned to mine to follow him, and ran.

My wolf happily followed, wanting to be with her mate.

We ran until we reached a beautiful shimmery lake, with a waterfall. The stones reflected the moonlight, giving them a silver glow. The moon was full and glowing silver.

They both played around the lake for a few minutes. And then they both looked at each other, staring into each other's eyes.

That was when I realized that the small speckles of red was glowing, and his eyes flashed, reflecting the color of blood.

Then he lunged at her, pressing her down with both paws and elongating his canines, sinking them on her neck.