Chapter 25

The beast handed me a piece of raw deer meat to eat, and though I was disgusted, I still took it. It took me to its lap and started stroking my hair.

I guess I really was a doll in the beast's eyes.

Yummy yummy deer meat, eat it! My wolf purred in my mind.

When I still didn't make any move to take a bite, my wolf took control and tore a big chunk of meat with my now razor-sharp teeth. My wolf happily purred at the taste, I've never allowed myself to eat raw meat, so this was her first time tasting something raw.

The beast had a half-smile on as my wolf dug into the meat, and a thought crossed my mind.

Although the beast was really nice and hospitable, the meat may still be poisoned.

But even after my wolf had finished eating the meat and burped, there was no sign of poisoning effects, so I guess the beast really wanted to keep me as its cuddly stuff toy.

I could stay here as long as beastie wants as long as I get food everyday! My wolf said happily.

Right.

The beast happily sniffed me out all over, and my wolf tried getting rid of it because it was blocking her way from eating her precious meat.

The beast started growling when my wolf tried scratching the beast, and, of course, my wolf, being the dumb wolf she is, growled back. But it was obvious that the beast could growl louder, causing us to submit to him, and he growled in a playful and happy tone and sniffed my nose, rubbing his snout against my own.

Isn't he the cutest? He could be our pet! My wolf said over-excitedly. And even though we weren't in our wolf form, I know that she would probably be clapping her paws in excitement right at this moment.

I heard a couple of loud footsteps, then I saw a beast almost as large as the one carrying me cuddling Marshmallow, and I was finally appreciating the fact that I was in human form instead of any animal form right now.

Marshmallow was squished in between the beast's armpits, just like how a little child would carry a stuff toy while eating something.

My eyes made contact with Marshies' and he gave me the 'help me' eyes.

Oml I'm not a freaking toy! He screeched in my head.

Well, you kinda look like one, my wolf said in our link with a mocking smile.

The second beast gently placed Marshies on top of the rocky bench we were on, and Marshmallow took that as a sign to run to me, snuggling upon my lap while the other beast walked away.

That beast was probably most crazy and delusional beast I've ever seen in my whole life, he mumbled in my head. Wonder how Caine's doing with these cuddly beasts, I hope he hasn't gotten caught dead snuggling up with a beast.

I scoffed.

Even though Caine probably wouldn't want to cuddle with a beast, he probably would've been forced to. Unless he killed the beast maybe? Or tortured the poor creature.

I mean, even though the beasts kidnapped us and all, they weren't treating us bad at all. I think human kidnappers from when werewolves, vampires, and other mythical creatures hadn't appeared yet were worse, based on what I have heard about.

And yet, the creatures we were afraid of and hid from were literally cuddling with the people they kidnapped.

I know right! They are so adorable and cute! Like a pet.

I heard a long growl of anger coming from behind us, and the beast immediately jumped up and put me behind it. Of course it'd protect his only doll available for cuddling, though I think if it treated all it's kidnapped victims like this, they all would've stayed, for the food and care. Unless if they had a family or something to get back to anyway.

I looked at the direction of the growl, and there stood Caine an unconscious beast at his side, laying cold on the doorway. The beast's eyes turned wide, and suddenly whimpered when he set a foot on top of it's dead friend.

"Let's go guys," Caine mumbled, about to leave the cozy looking home when a beast appeared out of no where.

A.k.a the beast Marshies had been cuddling with.

One look at his unconscious friend and his fluffy, cuddly, cute demeanor immediately changed. His eyes turned glaring red and stared murderously at Caine.

"We might have took you by force, but we didn't treat you wrong," his monstrous voice growled. His voice was raspy, but nevertheless, he could talk, unlike the other beast who just used telepathy. "I'm sure the beast you've been with didn't stop you from leaving, I'm pretty sure of that, he's one of the nicest beasts out there. You could leave and... come back whenever you want."

"I can't exactly 'leave and go' as you state because you have them," he pointed at us. "Hostage. And I'm pretty sure they didn't choose to leave because they didn't have the guts to."

Marshies transformed into his human form and pointed a finger to Caine dramatically.

"I think I'm staying, for the food," he declared. "And... it's not as bad here, I mean, they're super fluffy and night teddy bears, perfect for cuddling."

"Trust me, the food in the pack house is way better."

"You don't share to 'outsiders'," Marshies mumbled. "If not the pack house would've been out of food forever."

While Marshmallow and Caine argued, the beast finally sensed no danger and got me back in it's arms, cuddling and patting me again. I could literally see it's eyes shine. It seemed contented.

But who would actually leave these beasts for good? They were just so sweet and adorable, so cuddly and caring. Even if I left to deal with the whole 'cursed drama,' I would definitely come back to visit the beast after all of it has ended.

Beastie.