13. Feelings and Wedding

Author's POV.
Chavi told Kavitadevi and Chandni about the marriage proposal, Chandni was very happy but Kavitadevi seemed slightly sceptical of this marriage because she did not want chavi to get involved or used in the Kuru conspiracies.

But she didn't let it show because Chavi was not her own daughter and also the thought of her becoming the queen of Hastinapur made her very happy. She still wasn't sure if Rajkumar Duryodhana was going to be the Yuvraj and a good husband or not.

Chavi told this to Maharani Gandhari and she was overjoyed. Maharani Gandhari told this in the court everyone had different reactions

For example Duryodhana was a blushing mess, Ashwathama and Karn were very happy for him, Yudhisthira was feeling sad with a little hint of jealousy, Dhridrashtra was also very happy that his son was getting married, Vidur and Bheeshma were slightly sceptical of this marriage but respected Chavi, Kunti and Priyamvada were furious, the kaurava brothers were thrilled, Arjun, Bheem, Nakul and Sahadeva didn't care.

But at the end Kunti and Priyamvada can't do anything they just had to silently accept this marriage because they knew that they don't have more power than Bheeshma and Dhriadrashtra.

The wedding was in one week the whole hastinapur was in the mood for celebratian. Chavi was still confused over her fate, Chandni was very happy, Kavitadevi was slightly sceptical.

WEDDING DAY #
Chavi's POV.
Today is my wedding day I don't know why but I am actually kind of excited but also I just fell slightly guilty that my parents are not here for my wedding.

I always expected my life to be like any other girl of kaliyuga that is complete your education, get a well paying job, get married, have kids, take care of husband and at the end wait for my death. But now my life is completely upside down.

I was brought to the palace for getting me ready for the wedding, when I came there I was given a deep bath with turmeric, milk, sandle wood, etc. Then I was brought to a room in a simple yellow dhoti and blouse there all the dasis did my hair into a neat bun. They all dressed me up in a beautiful heavy red lehenga with golden embroidery and lots of jewellery.

And when I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't recognize myself I looked like a goddess, now I could clearly see the beauty in our culture

I have always been comfortable in Jeans and hoodies but since the time I came here I am wearing lehengas only to realize that lehengas suite me better.

It was almost time for the wedding and I could be seen getting nervous. Then just to increase my anxiety I was being called in the mandap.

I looked at my new to-be family, Maharaj Dhridrashtra, Maharani Gandhari, Kauravas, Angraj and Ashwathama were looking thrilled where as Bhishma, Vidur and Dronacharya had neutral expression and Pandavas, Rajmata Kunti and Devi Priyamvada didn't looked very pleased but I think I should not pay that much attention to them.

During this boring ceremony my eyes fell on a beautiful yet kind looking lady, I could tell she was married and was sitting amongst the royal ladies so I could tell that she was a royalty.

Examining her face closer I realized that how beautiful she was, a little different than other royal women she wore minimum jewelry, simple yet elegant looking Saree and her hair emblished by gajra the most beautiful smile playing on her lips.

She was holding a plate in her hands which had flowers on them

She was holding a plate in her hands which had flowers on them. Her way of walking too showed no attitude or arrogance. She was sitting alone it seemed as if she was unable to fit in amongst the Royal women. She was talking to the commoners and Dasis with kindness. This lady who I barely even know, I am getting impatient to know who she is?

BYE BYE 👋
DID YOU LIKE THE UPDATE?
CAN YOU GUESS WHO THE LADY IS?