16.First Day After Marriage

Author's POV.
Soon the beautiful and energetic rays of the Sun engulfed the word, the sounds of birds chirping, dew drops falling and moist grass moving with the wind, it was truly a beautiful morning.

Chavi was sleeping soundly on the large king sided bed until she felt a strong hand shaking her awake gently.

She opened her eyes and looked at the person who was shaking her awake still half a sleep.

Her beautiful brown eyes met another pair of brown eyes, suddenly realization hit her and she woke up with a jerk.

The person shaking her awake was not Chandini or Kavitadevi as she expected but was her husband, Suyo.

He was standing near the bed with water dripping from his hair, he was wearing a simple white dhoti instead of his usual royal one.

He smiled looking down at her shocked face, her eyes wide due to shock, her dark pink lips parted, her hair scattered and a soft pink tint on her cheeks.

After recovering from the shock she quickly stood up slightly embarrassed of her state causing a small chuckle escape Suyodhana's lips.

Suyodhana : Alright, Chavi get ready today is the day of the Kalapradershana.

The word 'Kalapradershana' was revolving around Chavi's head, she simply nodded and went towards the bathroom to take a bath and get dressed.

When she came out Suyodhana jaw fell on the floor looking at his gorgeous wife, who was all dressed up.

She noticed his reaction and smiled at him sweetly which was returned by her beloved husband.

He then left the room to prepare for the Kalapradershana which would take place within a few hours.

Chavi the went outside the chamber to the place where the other women were talking and laughing.

When noticed Dushala ran towards her and hugged her tightly causing Chavi's lips to pull up in a soft smile while returning the hug.

Gandhari smiled at the direction from where she heard Chavi's footsteps which she gladly returned and touched her feet.

but one thing that didn't go unnoticed by Chavi was the frown that appeared on Rajmata Kunti's face and the emotionless look of the woman next to her who seemed to be a Dasi.

Looking at her closeness to Rajmata Kunti I understand that this had to be Priyamvada, I know so because all the other Dasi seemed to be afraid of Rajmata.

I smiled at her and walked towards her and gently touched her feet with respect, she looked at me somewhat uninterested but muttered a 'Sada suhagwati bhava'.

I retreated my hand and sat between them as Maharani Gandhari asked me many questions about my hobbies, likes and dislikes.

My husband, she and my devars truly made me feel welcomed in the Royal Family.