Chapter 14 - Shower

James POV:

Alyssa was quiet the whole way home. I didn't expect her to say anything, not after what happened. She's sat in the passenger's seat, her knees drawn tight up to her chest, my jacket draped over them keeping her warm. She's buried her head in her lap and every so often I hear a sob escape her followed by a hiccup.

I know she said she wanted to go home but there's no way I'm going to leave her alone in her dorm room tonight. I'll sleep on the couch.

"We're here." I put the car in park and jump out, rounding the car to her side. She doesn't move.

I open the door and hold out my hand. She looks up at me, her face stained with tears and her eyes red. I'm not going to make her walk, ill carry her. I scoop her up in my arms and she holds me tight, shaking every so often. Still no words.

I bump the car door with my hip closing it and carry her up the stairs to the front door. Luckily Daniel didn't lock the door so I don't have to put her down to unlock it. I carry her up the stairs to my room. I place her on the bed, she keeps her knees drawn up to her chest and she turns on her side into the fetal position. I look down at her for a moment my chest aching that I can't make her feel better.

I rummage through my draws for a t-shirt and some boxers. I make my way back over to her, bending down to my knees so our faces are at the same height.

"Alyssa, sweetheart. I have a T-shirt for you."

She mumbles something and makes no move to sit up so I gently coax her into it. I'm careful where I touch her and my eyes don't leave hers the whole time, I'm watching for a hint of something, anything.

I put my t-shirt over her to cover her up whilst she slips the red dress off. Then I make an obvious move to turn around so she can put my boxers on.

God this poor girl. I will fucking kill Spencer if he is not already dead.

"Can I turn back around?" I question my hands resting in the pockets of my pants.

"Mhmm" Her voice sounds small, hoarse from the crying.

I run a face cloth under some warm water in the bathroom and bring it to her, I sit on the bed making it dip and her eyes shoot open.

"I just brought you a cloth for your face." I assure her.

She takes it to her face, sighing with relief at the warmth against her skin. I grab the cloth from her when she's done, wiping a few spots she missed. I pull the comforter up to her shoulders, and lean down and place a kiss on her head.

"Ill be down stairs on the couch, okay?"

"No. Don't go, please." She sounds scared and it breaks my heart. She sniffles her nose and pulls the comforter closer to her neck, the first time she'd looked at me since she pulled me off spencer. I see the pain in her eyes and the vulnerability.

"Okay baby, I'm here, I wont go"

Baby?

I pull a pillow off the bed and start to set a place up on the floor for myself when Alyssa tugs at my wrist. She doesn't have to say more, I can see it in her eyes. She pulls against my wrist and I push off the floor and slide into bed beside her. She rolls over nuzzling her head into my chest, her small hands wrapping tightly around my arm trying to get as close as possible.

"Shhhs, I'm here" I hush her. Stroking her hair until her eyes flutter shut.

Alyssa POV:

I wake the next morning with a headache, and it's not from the alcohol. It's from the tears. I can feel how puffy my eyes are. I look around and remember I'm in James' room. Flashbacks of last night come, bringing all sorts of emotions with them. I feel dirty, that guy, he was going to rape me and he was saying it was my fault, and I believed him. A shiver runs through me followed by a wave of nausea as I think of the disgusting memory. Then I remember how I had to stop James from killing him, he was hitting him so hard, there was blood everywhere. James brought me home, well to his home and I'm glad he did I didn't want to be alone. He just feels safe to me. He helped me change, even turning around so I felt comfortable. I feel a flutter in my stomach at the thought of him but it soon washes away when I think back to the party.