Chapter 36 - End of the ride.

Alyssa POV:

My four weeks in Australia were bliss, even though I missed James I made a point of enjoying my time back home. I went to the beach everyday, soaking up the sun and covering my skin in salt water. I ate dinner with my mom every night and I cried like a baby when I said goodbye to her at the airport.

My flight landed at six and I could see the sun kissing the horizon when I flew in. As soon as I stepped foot off the plane I was hit with an icy breeze that struck me to the bone, I'd just spent four weeks in the peak of summer, topping up my tan and wearing bikinis all day and now I'm wrapped head to toe in thermal.

Standing in the pickup bay my eyes are scanning for the beat-up yellow beetle when instead they land on a tall, brunette leaning against his truck. Ankles crossed as if he's been watching me for a while, eyes glittering with affection and a smile worth a million dollars. He's holding a tray of my favourite chocolate chip cookies from Doll's Diner, the ones he knows I love. He ever so slightly nods his head to the side, beckoning me toward him and I do just that. I'm in slow motion, admiring every last drop of this gorgeous man, his stubble looking perfectly prickly, his pink lips looking as delicious as ever, his hair is longer, more curls present than when I left. When I reach him I am in his arms before I realise, legs wrapped around him tight as I drain him of all his scent, filling my lungs with the aroma of my love for him. His touch is flames to my soul, no longer feeling chilled, I feel on fire with desire and need, but mostly love. I lean back from his neck and admire him, his eyes, the eyes that captured my soul long before I realised, they shine with affection. I press my lips against his, savoring his taste, his pressure, him. Electricity resetting my heart over and over as I come alive under his touch.

"I missed you." I rasp out between soft presses of our lips.

"I know, I missed you too." He presses his lips hard against me as if to make sure I am really here.

Our drive home is spent stealing glances at each other, soft caresses of skin, fire dancing over our senses, the heat in the air becoming unbearable.

We don't bother taking my bag out of the car instead crashing through the front door heading straight for his bedroom, the desire no longer able to be controlled. We ignore the hellos we get from Luke and Daniel but I don't miss their chuckles when they watch James carry me up the stairs.

I lay tangled between him, our skin sticky with the sweat from two hours of the best sex of my life. We tasted each other, touched each other, craved each other, unable to satiate our desire for the other. Even now, tangled between him, our chests panting in sync I don't think there will be a day I will ever be satiated by this man, I will always, always want him, want more.

We watch each other for endless seconds, admiring our connection, and the rollercoaster we rode, it had malfunctions at many turns but it was always fixed and set back on it's tracks, the highs just has intoxicating as the lows but neither of us willing to ever change the ride we are on because at the end we always want to ride again.

"We have forever." I repeat the words he told me at the airport four weeks ago and he cups my face in his hands, placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Forever."

I hear giggles at the door, and James does too, he's quick to pull the comforter up to cover us just in time as a crazy blonde and just as crazy brunette bust through the door laughing. 

"Alright you've hogged her enough." Kat cheers jumping on the bed right in the middle of me and James, he grunts in disapproval but I just laugh. 

Mera is next to jump on the bed and we share a group hug. 

"Tell me how are the Aussie boys?" Kat teases, knowing full well James is listening, I look to him and see a scowl on his face and laugh at him. 

Luke and Daniel appear at the door next, "We tried to stop them." Luke offers as a smile plasters his face at the site of us all in James' bed. 

Daniel walks in and around the bed to Kats side and I see the flash of lust pass their gaze and the smirk tug at the corner of his lips.

"OH MY GOD! I'm gone a month and you guys are fucking!?" I yell, Kat just smiles triumphantly whereas Daniel almost shies away at being outed.

God I love this weird family of friends I have.