Chapter 16 - Celebration

Alyssa POV:

We went back to James' flat to celebrate. A few of James' boxing friends came as well and his brother. Kat however had 'booty call' that she needed to attend.

Shocking.

We're in the basement, James is in deep conversation with Reece, talking about nationals, which he qualified for with his win tonight.

I don't really know anyone here so I decide I'm going to get celebratory drunk and then have great celebratory sex with James.

I'm back upstairs in the kitchen to refill my drink, but I can't find any beer, I hunt through the kitchen but come up empty.

Booo!

I take the stairs back down to James, resting my hand on his shoulder interrupting his conversation with his brother.

Reece sends me a dirty look laced with annoyance.

I get the feeling he doesn't like me.

"Yes sweetheart" he looks up at me with those gorgeous honey eyes.

My heart always does a flutter when he calls me sweetheart.

"We are out of booz" I rub his shoulder gently, before curling one of his brown curls around my finger.

"I can run to the shop quick and get some, I've only had one so I'm still safe to drive." James offers sitting himself up to stand.

"Can't you go yourself?" Reece snaps at me. This earns him a glare from James.

"It's fine Reece it's a two minute drive." He assures him, dominance in his voice.

I walk with James upstairs to see him out the door, I don't know why but I just miss him and I don't like having to share so I'm taking every opportunity of alone time.

"Be good" he teases as he sucks on my lips pushing himself out the door.

"What if I want to be bad?" I tease running my fingers under the waist band of his shorts.

"Save that for later" he gives my bum a curt smack and closes the door behind him.

I just hum in response turning on my heel back towards the kitchen. I plop myself on a bar stool behind the counter and pull my phone out to scroll through Instagram.

"What are you doing with him?" It's Reece, he followed us up the stairs and I can hear the annoyance in his voice.

"What do you mean?" I question back at him, swiveling on the bar stool so I'm facing him. He's standing behind the dining table, gripping the edges of a chair, his knuckles going white from the tension.

"You know what I mean." He hisses. His eyes fierce and fiery, but not like James'. Reece looks furious and I don't know if it's the alcohol or just him.

"James has everything going for him right now, he has good grades, recruits asking about him and a chance at nationals, which he almost blew because of you, so I'll ask you again what are you doing with him?!"

I'm taken aback.

Me?

"Wow, okay. That's a bit harsh" I defend. I know he's referring to when I came closer to the ring at his fight, but there was no malicious intent behind it, I just wanted to be there. How was I supposed to know the Dallas douche-bag was going to use me as bait.

"Harsh! What's harsh is that I've given up everything for him, I've basically raised him, and supported him in his boxing and some brunette with an ass comes along throwing all of it out the window!"