Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to Heybabe8787 because she is the biggest fan of this story and she always wants me to update. HERE IS YOUR UPDADTE!!

CHAPTER 4

*Chase’s POV*

I flip onto my other side, trying to get comfortable but not succeeding. I have been up since five o’clock. I can’t stand that Charlotte is distressed because of me. I am literally beating myself up inside.

I stand up and pull a shirt on before walking to the kitchen. My mom is making breakfast and doesn’t even notice me walk into the room.

“Hey, mom. I need some help.” I start.

“Flowers, never chocolate. Chocolate will make her feel fat so always go for flowers.” She says, before I can even ask her the question.

“Thanks mom.” I say, walking out of the house. I hop in my truck and then quickly drive to the local store.

I faintly remember her saying that daisies were one of her favorite flowers. I grab a bouquet of daisies and then purchase them. I rush back home and sit at the dining room table, waiting for my Charlotte to wake up.

*Charlotte’s POV*

I groan as I start to wake up. I really don’t want to face Chase today but I know I will have to. I have to get over it.

“You ready to go downstairs and eat some delicious breakfast?” Rachael asks, waking up as well.

“I guess.” I answer, fearing what will happen between me and Chase.

“Come on. I promise he won’t be that bad.” She says, pulling me up off the bed.

“Holy crap it’s cold!” I wrap my arms around myself and start towards my dresser.

“There’s no time for that.” She says, pulling me away from the dressers and towards the door.

I let her pull me through the door but then she pauses right outside. “I think that’s for you.” Rachael points to a sweatshirt on the ground. I pick it up and put it on, leaving the hood up and then continue to follow Rachael to the dining room.

This morning there is eggs and bacon to eat. I look over and see Chase jump up from his seat.

“Hey Charlotte.” He says quietly. “Um, these are for you.” He hands me a bouquet of daisies.

“How did you remember?” I take the flowers and smell them. I love the smell of fresh flowers.

“I guess I remember a lot of stuff.” He says shrugging lightly.

“Thank you.” I say giving him a light smile.

“It was no problem.” He replies, sitting back down and fixing a plate for himself and then one for me.

I sit down beside him and start to eat my eggs.

“I’ll take those flowers and put them in some water for you.” His mom says. I hand her the flowers and then mutter a thank you.

The one thing I still can’t figure out is why this family is so nice to me. I mean I really like that they are but I just don’t understand their reasoning.

After finishing breakfast, I retreat back to my room. I lock the door behind me and then proceed to shower.

*Chase’s POV*

Even after I gave her the flowers she still is upset with me. I know that I deserve to be ignored but I just can’t take it anymore.

“Rachael, I want you to keep Charlotte away from the house until I text you and say that it is okay to come back. Do you think that you can do that?” I ask.