Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

*Chase’s POV*

“Hey sweetheart, what are you doing?”

“Working.” She doesn’t even look up from the notebook that’s in her hands. What is wrong with her?

I sit down behind her and wrap my arms around her stomach. I look over her shoulder to see the start of a sketch of a dress. I cover her eyes with my one hand, and she yells at me.

“Charlotte, what’s that for?” I uncover her eyes and point to the sketch.

“Rachael’s wedding dress, now if you could leave me alone, I could finish it.” She pushes my hand out of the way and continues to sketch. Wow, she is being mean today.

I snatch back my arms, from fear of being burned by her fierceness. I climb off the bed and walk downstairs to try and talk to Sam.

“Sam? Where are you bro?”

“Living room.”

I walk from the steps to the living room and then collapse on the couch.

“Charlotte is being really mean.”

Rachael starts laughing, like she knows why.

“Rachael, what aren’t you telling me?”

“Charlotte always gets this way when she has to concentrate on something. I think it’s hilarious.”

“Then why did you ask her to design your dress?”

“You’ll see in a minute.”

“What are you talking about?”

“She should be done soon with her first draft, and then she will hold the sketch up to me, find something she doesn’t like, plop on the floor and fix it. That’s just how she operates.”

“How many times does she draw the same dress?”

“Sometimes she only draws it two times, but since this is my dress, probably are seven or eight, give or take a few.”

“Seven or eight?! Are you kidding me?”

“Who knows she could nail it after the third time, but I’m just guessing.”

“I am going to die.”

“Chase, you will be fine. After the first draft she is back to normal, because she knows that soon she will get to actually make the dress.”

“How many days do you think it will take?”

“She will be finished with the sketch by diner.”

“Rachael?!”

“Living room.” She shouts back to Charlotte, with an amused expression on her face.

Charlotte runs about as fast as she can into the living room and then yanks Rachael up from her seat beside Sam. She holds the notebook up to Rachael, and then she groans in frustration, collapsing on the ground.

I shake my head at her as laughter fills my ears. I go to the kitchen to get her a drink. I sit beside her with the drink in my hand. I peak over her shoulder, looking in amazement at the beautiful drawling.

It is a strapless dress that stops at the floor. It has about a foot or two of a train on it, and Charlotte looks to be adding what are flowers.

"Hey remember I'm gonna need something that I can dance in, because I'm dancing all night long.”

"Don't worry. You are getting a different dress for the reception."

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love you?"