Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

*Charlotte's POV*

The doorbell goes off, so I get my lazy butt off the couch to answer the door. I yank it open and some guy is standing there. He has brown swishy hair and is really tall like Chase.

"Is Chase around?" He looks down at me, sizing me up. I nod my head and then point to the living room. He walks through the door, past me, and into the living room. I close the door then walk up to my own room.

*Chase's POV*

Jason walks into the living room, and I jump off the couch."Dude? What are you doing here?" I am so happy that he is back. He has been my best friend for a long time.

"Just got back from the war so I thought I would come and visit my best friend."

"So you aren't going anywhere else, right?"

"Nope. I am here to stay." He says smiling.

"Well I have some news for you."

"What is it!?"

"I found her." I whisper.

"No you didn't. Man that is amazing!" I can tell that he is genuinely happy for me.

"But she doesn't know about anything, so don't mention it."

"Why doesn't she know?"

"It's complicated."

"So where is she? I want to meet her!"

I sniff the air lightly and lead Jason to her room.

"The guest room?"He asks in my mind with his eyebrows raised.

"Like I said, it's complicated."

"You mean to say that she is human!?" He asks, almost appalled.

"There is nothing wrong with that." I growl, knocking on Charlotte's door.

"Come in." She yells.

I open the door, glancing around when I step inside. "Where are you?" I ask when I don't see her.

"Washing my hands." She answers, laughing.

I jump onto her bed and so does Jason. We lay there waiting for her to come out.

"So is she cute?"

"I think she is." I reply.

Charlotte walks into the room smiling, but then her smile drops and she freezes.

"Jason?" She asks, appalled.

"Yeah. How do you know me?"

"Drake Carson is my brother." She whispers, blushing slightly.

Jason's face turns up into a smile as he jumps off the bed and pulls her into a head lock, ruffling her hair.

I frown at the sight of him touching what's mine.

"You have grown up so much." He says, letting her go.

"The last time you saw me I was twelve." She justifies.

Jason falls back onto the bed but I push him off with my foot. Charlotte then sits beside me and Jason stands and plops right back beside me.

"What do you guys want to do?" Charlotte asks after a couple minutes of silence.