Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

*Charlotte’s POV*

“Good morning, beautiful.”Chase wraps his arms tighter around my waist.

“Go away.” I mumble, pushing at his chest.

“Never.”

Chase places a kiss on my forehead, and then he peals one of my eyelids back with his hand, successfully making me look at him.

“I hate you.”

“You could never.”

“I know, but I wanted to stay asleep, you big meany.”

“I’m sorry, but you would kill me if you missed this. Go get a shower and meet me downstairs for breakfast.”

“What should I wear?”

“Whatever you want.” He smiles at me, but then he disappears from my line of vision. I hear my door open and close, so I know that I am alone now.

I sigh and throw the covers off of my body. I walk into my bathroom, turning on the water and stepping out of my clothes.

I step into the shower, fixing the curtain behind me. I squirt some shampoo into my hand and then lather it up in my hair. After rinsing the shampoo out of my hair and washing the rest of my body, I shut the off the water and dry off.

I pull on a pair of lose jeans and a baggy sweater. I slip on a pair of socks and fuzzy boots.

“You look relaxed.”

“Hey Rachael.”

“Do you want me to do your hair?” She walks up behind me while she is talking and looks at me through the mirror with a big smile on her face.

Rachael always loves doing people’s hair, especially mine.

“Of course.” I smile at her, and sit down in front of her.

She grabs a brush and then starts to work her magic.

The finished product is an ‘s’ shaped French braid – starting at the right side of my head, going left then right and finally finishing on the left.

“Do you like it?”

“As always.”

“Good you’re ready, now let’s go.”

“But Chase, I didn’t even eat yet.” I pull my puppy dog face, making him squeeze his eyes shut.

“Not the face.”

“Chase, please.”

He lifts one eyelid off his eye, and he is a goner. “Fine, I’ll go get you some.”

“Thanks, you’re the best.”

Chase walks out of the room muttering a ‘whatever’.

“You two are too cute.”

“Hey, what about you and Sam? You two are just plain adorable.”

She playfully shoves me while her cheeks fill with color.

“Ladies, I hate to interrupt, but I need milady.”

Rachael stands, blushing even more than before, and walks towards Sam. She looks back at me, still blushing, and I playfully throw a wink in her direction. She giggles, turning back to Sam and leaving me all alone.

“Are you lonely?” Chase says in a baby voice.

“Not really, but I would enjoy your company.” I smile at him, as he collapses onto the bed with a pop tart and a travel mug full of milk.