Chapter Twenty-Five

She looked up at him suddenly, her hands flat on his chest

She looked up at him suddenly, her hands flat on his chest. Her eyes no longer held a warm gaze of love, but rather a flame of determination. He quirked an eyebrow at her curiously.

"I must admit I am afraid to hear whatever evil plan you seem to be concocting." He smirked, teasing her.

"I don't want to run away and get married." Her voice was a whisper and he narrowed his eyebrows.

"What? But you said-"

"I can't run from him. I won't run from him. I want to get married here and have the proper ceremony you talked about." She nodded, as it reassuring herself.

"He does not get to hold any power over us and force us into a rushed marriage. We are not going to run from him. We are going to hold the ceremony here in front of all the Ton and if he attends, I am going to look directly into his pitiful eyes as we walk down the aisle after we say 'I do'." She declared, letting out a breath of relief she did not know she had been holding in. Benedict smirked and kissed her passionately, making her giggle in surprise.

She kissed him back before she pulled back a bit, grinning at him. "What was that for?"

"I don't know, seeing that determination in your eyes, that fire, well frankly it was very hot." He winked and she laughed, throwing her head back.

"I do not think I've ever heard you use the word 'hot' to describe a woman before. That's not very gentleman-like." She teased, blushing nonetheless. He smirked and stroked her cheek gently with her thumb.

"I cannot help it. The years of training to be a proper gentleman seem to fly out the window when I am with you." He winked, kissing her cheek before kissing her lips again.

"I am definitely in favor of having the ceremony here. I would run away with you anywhere if you asked me to, but I fear my mother cannot wait any longer to host a proper wedding for at least one of her children." He smirked and she laughed at this, nodding in agreement.

"It is settled then. Let's go find Anthony!" She urged, pulling on his hand. He laughed, not moving as he tugged on her hand to pull him back to him.

"We can talk to him in the morning, my love. It will not matter if we wait until then, he will go straight away to the Queen for a marriage license if it means spiting your evil uncle, I am sure of it." She giggled at this and nodded, standing on her tiptoes and softly pressing her lips to his.

"Let us enjoy this beautiful scene then." She took his hand, leading him over to sit on the garden swings with her. "I cannot believe you set this all up, when did you have time?"

"I had a little help from Colin. But mostly while you were asleep. You are quite a heavy sleeper, you know? I was able to sneak in and out without you stirring a bit." She laughed at this, shaking her head at his teasing.