Chapter Thirty-Three

*warning: very slight NSFW - idk if it can even be called that*

"Benedict, I'm going to kill you!" Madeleine squealed as she wiped the frosting from her neck, chasing him around the kitchen island. He stopped on one side of the island, a wild smirk on his face.

"You'll have to catch me first. And my legs are longer." He winked, countering her moves as she attempted to dash around the island toward him. Each time, they would circle around and end up on opposite sides.

The couple had been living in Aubrey Hall for the better part of three weeks now, both of them loving it more than they thought possible. They had all of the freedom in the world, nobody to answer to, and most importantly, it was only the two of them, no interruptions or distractions. Benedict had been helping Madeleine bake a cake that evening, but he went too far with his teasing, which inevitably resulted in a frosting battle.

She huffed in frustration, staring at the boy with a competitive glare on her face. She faked going left before bolting to the right, attempting to catch him off guard. Once again, he outran her. She smirked to herself as an idea formed in her head. She banged her fist on the wood under the counter and kneeled over, grabbing her foot in feigned pain.

"Ow, ow, ow," She groaned, holding her leg. Benedict rushed over, his playful grin now a concerned frown as he kneeled down by her.

"Are you all right? What happened?" He urged, his voice worried. She smirked as she looked up at him and his eyes widened in realization as he attempted to get away. She was too quick, though, and swiftly wiped the frosting straight across his cheek. He scoffed and stared at her, a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Oh, you're in for it now. You are going down." He growled, taking menacingly slow steps toward her. She giggled nervously, looking around desperately for an escape route. It was too late, he had her backed against the kitchen counter.

"Oh please, Mr. Bridgerton. Please show me mercy." She begged in a mocking tone, a small pout on her lips. He smirked and grabbed her by the waist, throwing her over his shoulder. Madeleine shrieked in surprise, pounding on his back with her fist.

"Benedict, put me down!! This is completely unfair!" She protested, squirming around in his grasp as he walked to the living room. He plopped her down on the sofa and crawled over her, pinning her wrists down above her head.

"What, don't like to lose? Remember, you started this, Miss Sinclair." He mocked her, a cocky smirk on his face. She stuck her tongue out at him, squirming around in an attempt to free herself from his grip. He watched as she futilely attempted to fight against his strong hold before huffing in frustration and giving up.

"How adorable." He quipped, pressing a passionate kiss to her lips. He pulled away and she whimpered slightly at the loss of contact, lifting her head to try to meet his lips again. He smirked and tilted his head just barely out of her reach.

"Did you still want me to stop, hm?" He teased, lowering his head to her neck and kissing all over. She sighed in delight and shook her head, beginning to get flustered as his hands wandered all over her body.

"Use your words, my love." He smirked, knowing the effect his actions had on her. She whimpered and fought against his hands, wanting badly to touch him.

She was pulled abruptly out of her state of pleasure when he suddenly stopped and stood, walking into the kitchen as if nothing had happened. She gasped in disbelief and sat up, watching him with an incredulous stare in her eyes.

"That was just cruel!" She glared, her jaw dropped in shock. He smirked, leaning against the counter and crossing his arms against his chest.

"I don't seem to know what you are speaking of, my love." He feigned innocence, raising his eyebrows at her.

"You know exactly what I am speaking of, Benedict." She said his name through gritted teeth, standing and walking over to the kitchen. He narrowed his eyebrows in a teasing manner, giving her a quizzical look.

"I am afraid you'll have to enlighten me, darling." He moved closer, like a predator stalking his prey. Madeleine huffed in frustration, crossing her arms.

"You.. You got me all worked up and then you just stopped and walked away like nothing happened!" She exclaimed flusteredly, pushing his shoulder as he got closer. He only smirked in response.

"Now, my dear, if you wanted me to touch you, all you had to do was ask." He tsked, an arrogant smirk on his face as he grabbed her waist. She rolled her eyes, a pout on her lips. She started to push his hands off but when his lips pressed against hers, she stopped fighting, closing her eyes and kissing him back. He chuckled against her lips, pulling away slightly so that their noses just barely brushed against one another.

"Is that what you wanted, hm?" His tone was tantalizing and she nodded quickly, too flustered from his relentless teasing to care about her pride. The corners of his lips tugged into a smirk and she squealed in surprise as he swiftly picked her up so that her legs were around his waist.

"Well then, all you had to do was ask. Your wish is my command." He whispered into her ear, kissing her neck as they reached the bedroom and he closed the door behind them.