Chapter 23

23rd July, 2022

"Where is Saim?" Sara asked looking at Saad and the boys, while everyone were settling down. She couldn't start the function knowing that Yusra still wasn't present. It would only be unfair starting the function without her knowing that she had worked hard the most.

Disappointed at the sudden disappearance of her son, she looked around in an attempt to find him but when she didn't she called out to Hasham, asking him about his best friend who wouldn't leave without informing him.

"Chachi he didn't tell me anything and I don't think he left anywhere since his car key is with me." Hasham said touching his pants pocket, searching for Saim around. "Make a call and find out." Sara said but Naman had already done the needful, the call ringing.

Hearing his phone, Saim moved his hand into his pocket bringing it out to check Naman calling.

"Yeah?" Saim questioned, his gaze on the walk in closet where Yusra was, "In my room." He answered his question before hearing him ask to come down as his mother was searching for him. Giving in an affirmative answer, he ended the call as he noticed Yusra walking out dressed beautifully in the shade of green however, what caught his attention was her hair. She wasn't wearing a hijab instead she had placed a dupatta on her head.

"You are not going to wear your hijab?" He questioned trying to keep away the possessiveness from his voice, and when she shook her head he nodded his head in relief waiting for an explanation. "I think the hijab is in Zara's room, I'll just go there and wear it." She said adjusting the dupatta on her head, that continued falling.

"Oh okay, just wear your pervious hijab. You never know with the boys." Saim said moving to her to pull out the clothes from her hold despite her denial. Taking the hijab, she wrapped it around herself, placing the dupatta on her shoulder and tying it in a knot on the other side.

"Jazak Allah." Thanking him she took back the clothes giving him a soft smile before walking out while he followed behind her.

Yusra walked to Zara's room, knowing the steps following her. As soon as she entered the room, she turned to him letting him know that he could leave but instead he gave a smile letting her know that staying by her was fine with him.

Opening the wardrobe she checked for her hijab that was hanging inside, taking it out and placing it onto the bed. Turning to the mirror, she hurriedly applied the BB cream and a lipstick before rushing to wear her hijab.

"Woah, you did your makeup so quickly? Did you even apply anything?" Saim asked astonished moving forward to examine her face while she flushed at the closeness taking a step back while moving a strand of hair behind her ear.

"That's not makeup. It takes a lot more time from what I just did." She said moving to the bed, taking the hijab while trying to calm her heartbeat that was accelerating at an unusual speed that have been becoming normal with his presence.

"Then why aren't you doing it?" He asked moving to the things that were all messed up on the dressing table, taking the lipstick Yusra had just applied. "I don't want the function to be delayed anymore." She said trying to see herself in the mirror that was being blocked by her husband.

"But-Oh I am sorry," He moved away letting Yusra take up the space while he stood behind her, watching her wrap the hijab swiftly. It hardly took her a second before the hijab was secured with just a pin making him stare at her in amusement.

"You-" He stopped himself from saying anything further while she now stood in front of him completed dressed, waiting for him to complete his statement. "Nothing, let's go."