Chapter 1

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

"Ugh, shut up alarm!" Lucy groaned as she slammed her hand down to hit snooze.

"One more minute," She mumbled in her sleep.

"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD!" Rose shouted as she pulled the covers.

"Why did I ever give you a key," Lucy sighed, placing her pillow over her head.

"Because, you knew you would be late if I wasn't your backup alarm," Rose answered as she allowed the sunlight in.

"Look, it's a beautiful day!" She pointed out looking at groups of Parisians enjoying croissants, Crepes, and more buttery, hot pastry, "I would never understand how you can sleep the day away, while we live here. So many people would be amazed seeing the Eiffel tower out of their window or people watching the Parisians."

"Ugh, fine, I'm up," Lucy grumbled as she shielded her eyes with her hands, and entered the walk-in closet. "And to answer your curiosity most people come to Paris on vacation not to stay in a dorm room; that is connected to a private school that only cares about their reputation."

      Rose sighed. "Just get dressed. I don't want to be late."

"I swear you are the only person I know who is this excited about school every year," Lucy pointed out, slipping on a red off-the-shoulder sweater, a black, flirty, flared skirt, and black chunky lace-up ankle boots.

"It's a stepping stone in life. Of course, I am excited!" Rose cheered, grinning.

"It's just another year of the same boring school."

"Not true, we get to move to the High school building of Rosemary prep, experience our first homecoming dance, and date semi-mature boys," Rose stated.

"I will give you homecoming It won't be lame with you there, also I don't plan to waste my time on boys like one of those girls in your romance novels," Lucy replied, grabbing lipstick from the bathroom sink.

"Awe, same here, also you say that now, but you will change your mind later."

"I don't think I will," Lucy stated, flopping down in her desk chair to lace up her boots.

"At least try to have fun today."

"Try? Oh, my dear Rose, you can't make school fun."

"Sure, you can."

"Nope, it cannot be fun it's boring, stressful, and everyone is so fake."

"First of all, you can make it fun if you change your perspective of it and try a positive attitude for once," Rose suggested.

"I don't think so, and rude you know I don't get all that learning stuff like you do."

"Ok, drama-queen I know it was just a suggestion that could help you—"

Lucy continued, "Help me be less grumpy, look thank you bookworm, but you can keep being the only school lover and cheerful one. I don't want any part of it. Besides, you are the smartest out of everyone at that school."

"I don't know about that. Bella did beat me in the highest GPA, but thank you grumpy pants."

"That is because she cheats on everything, also I want a different nickname."

"Hmm sleeping beauty?"

"I suppose it is better than grumpy pants."

"Hmm, about Bella It's kind of mean, but this is something you can look forward to. I heard that she is enrolling in a fancy art school instead of staying at Rosemary prep." Rose added.