Chapter 9

~ Lucy~

She struggled to stand as black dots hit her sight. While she tried to focus on what just occurred...

...but when her vision cleared up all that mattered was him.

"FUCK!" Lucy cried out as she pushes away the pain, and focus on walking.

Her knees buckle as she crashes to the ground over and over again... yet she fought the agony and made it across the training deck to the boy.

"shit, Hunter, I need you to wake up... I don't think I got the strength to carry you," Lucy huffed falling to the ground.

💖

Lucy's eyes slowly flutter open.

"Hey, sleepy head, how are you feeling?"

"What happened?"

The air had the scent of cleaning supplies. The walls made this elegant castle look out of place with bricks being different colors, sticking out, and breaking. The room had no marble flooring or detailed ceiling murals that wrapped around stunning chandeliers like in the previous rooms.

"I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me when you woke up," Rose answered.

"I wish I could, but my ears are still ringing and my head feels like someone is hitting it with a hammer," Lucy groaned, covering her eyes from the bright overhead light.

Then it hit her...

"Hunter! Where is he!" She anxiously shouted as she bolted up.

"H—

Before Rose could respond a shadow cover the doorway.

"I am right here," Hunter announced, smiling while he leaned against the pillar of the stone doorway.

"Hunter," Lucy smiled back, while she rushed out of bed.

"Woah, careful your body is still healing," He said as he caught her before she crashed to the ground.

He realize how tight his arms were around her waist, "Um... Rose can help you get back to bed I will be right back, Ella probably made some tea. I will go grab some. I am glad you are ok."

"I'm glad you are too."

After Hunter left Rose gave Lucy a look that between the lines read as Dumbass.

"What?" Lucy asked, laying back down.

"All you could say back was, "I'm glad you are too."

"Yeah, what is wrong with that?"

"Oh my god girl, if you want him more than a friend you need to drop hints not just repeat his own words back to him."

"Whoa, Rose you are so far off we are just friends, and that is it."

"He doesn't think that."

"What is that supposed to m—"

Lucy shuts her mouth as Hunter appeared in the doorway.

"I didn't know, what you will prefer, herbal tea or peppermint tea, so I brought you both."

"I hate both."

"Oh..." He answered sadly, almost dropping both cups.

"I am joking, I will drink whatever, sorry I didn't mean to upset you."

"I wasn't upset," He said as he handed her one of the cups.

"You were frowning," Rose pointed out as Lucy started to laugh.

"Anyway, I will give you guys some privacy, also don't make this getting hurt thing a routine," She added, shutting the door behind her.