Chaper 19

~ Hunter and Ella ~

"All the royal families that weren't tracked down and captured by Raven are too scared to stand up against him and join our fight," Ella sighed pulling out a notebook, and crossing off the royals that can but refused to help the young rulers.

"So, who is actually joining us?"

"Emersyn and Lumi, Ophelia and her forces, the kingdom of Flowerina and Catnina are a maybe."

"That's not bad least we got some allies."

"But not enough!"

"El—"

"Sorry, I am stress out I'm going to meet up with the leaders of kingdoms that haven't joined us and try to talk some sense into them, also could you send Lucy and Rose a message it's not safe for them until we got an army, so tell them to stay put for now."

"Of course, I will get the message out, let me know if you need me to join you."

"I know how you feel about meetings. So, I will be fine on my own, but thanks."

💖

"Thank god, I don't have to go to those meetings," Hunter said as he enter the main hall.

"There you are, I'm ready to destroy Raven," Lucy announced brushing her hands against one of the knives.

"Lucy, what are you doing here? Didn't you get my message about sleeping in and that I moved training to later in the afternoon, and why are you dressed like that, I-I- mean you look good, but not with that crazed look you have?" Hunter asked.

Lucy looked pissed, no that's only one way to describe how furious she looks. She appeared like a hot, but deranged hitwoman ready to rip someone's head off.

"You told me when we first met. That I am the type of person that would be too proud to ask for help until it's too late. So, I would say it again I am ready to destroy Raven, and I am asking for your help, since you know how this world work more than me and know the best spells to learn to take down an asshole!" Lucy shouted as she toss the knife onto her jacket that was laying on the shoe rack by the castle's front doors.

"You were fine yesterday, where did all this anger come from?" Hunter asked watching as Lucy's eyes flick red every time she said Raven, and how her nose scrunched up.

"I am fine, what do you mean?"

"Lucy, you Cleary aren't fine, you never carry weapons on you and as much as you looked good in leather you never layer it all together like you are in a biker gang." Hunter said as he grab for her jacket as he saw the real Lucy slipping out as she crosses her arms trying to hide the scars that mark up her skin.

"I-I-I just thought I should have upgraded my outfit with a few weapons in case the Rivers twitches jump me again."

"You know you can tell me anything, don't forget you have a home here." He said as he empty the pockets and wrap the jackets around her. "I must say Lucy dumping your whole kitchen knives set into your pockets is pretty impressed, since I know from Ella that girls' pockets usually suck."

"They do." She added.

"Besides, I don't think a knife is your weapon, But if you want to learn some hand- in-hand combat. We have plenty of swords and daggers to use."

"I actually hate blades, ever since Marcus used them against me," Lucy said as her tough act ended, and she felt tears soak her eyes again as she remember why she came her acting like she was ready to go head to head against Raven.

"Oh, Hunter, I don't know what I was trying to prove with this getup." Lucy whimpered as her knee buckled and she fell to the ground, with tears flowing down her face.

"What happen are you ok?" He asked, joining her on the floor.

"Truly I don't think I have been since Marcus attack me, I feel like I have no control over my emotions or thoughts. I thought I could see and talk to Rose this morning to feel kind of normal again. Even though my skin is ruined with these ugly scars and bruises, just like my mind is now with those nightmarish scenes. But no even though Rose backed out of this damn battle she still got taken while I was MIA." Lucy sobbed handing him the letters. "Sorry, it is so damp."  

"It's fine, and you could never be ugly." He said as he helped her up, and started to read the letters.

"It's going to be o—"

"Don't say it's going to be ok...," She paused wiping her tears, "Look what they did to me. I got fucked up rips and deep stabbing wounds, I hate having their marks all over me. I don't want Rose to have them too."

"Look, Lucy, it is going to be ok Ella and I will handle it, but it is not safe here for you right now. I need you to go back to Paris."

"It's not safe there either." She wailed.

"You got the gems they will protect you so please go back."

"No, I am staying I want to help get Ros—"

"Shit, " He cuss under his breath, grabbing her by the shoulder and pushing her into his chest as he covered her mouth.

"MMM... Excuse me." Lucy said ripping away.

"Shh, stay quiet I think we are being watched." He whispered pulling her back against his chest, ducking down to the floor.