Chapter 3

~ Ella & Rose ~

Rose waited in the small living room that took over one side of the opened kitchen. Even though the seating area wasn't enormous. The golden, leather furniture that included beautiful, engraved stars above the headrest, arms, and legs of a sofa, loveseat, and matching chairs with an out-of-place glass coffee table in the middle. Made the space seem amazing being paired with the silky, long, midnight blue curtains that drape over the vast arching windows.

The kitchen was insane, a glowing, golden counter wrapped around the area, with matching leather bar stools, the same engraving as the living room furniture and the thick cushions made the stools look like small thrones. The stove and oven looked vintage, and in need of an update, the fridge was built into the cabinet making plenty of room for 5+ to be cooking at the same time. The room ended with double, golden doors leading to an endless walk-in pantry.

Rose sat across from the Princess that they met in town in a cushioning, comfortable, golden loveseat. The Princess sat with perfect posture across from Rose. Leg cross, head raised high, arm stiff as her hands laid on her knees. Even with her legs now bandage she looked like she was ready to challenge anyone who disagreed with her ruling.

"So, how long have you been a Princess, jeez that was stupid, I mean, so you're a Princess, ugh, sorry, I don't know what is wrong with me."

Ella just continues to smiled, "It's alright, I get it this might be a little overwhelming for you and Lucy."

"Yeah, it is, oh, by the way, are you ok from the fall?" Rose asked, pointing to Ella's now bandaged legs.

"Oh, yeah, it didn't hurt that bad. My bruises just sting a bit, so I put some soothing lotion on them, before covering them up to heal."

"Oh, well, it is good that you know that kind of stuff."

"Yeah, I had worse these bruises are nothing. I am used to patching up injuries since I was training to be a healer for my kingdom before we got attacked.

"Attacked?" Rose asked leaning off her seat, staring at Ella with wide eyes.

"Gemanina is currently at war with King Raven he has been attacking different kingdoms trying to gain control of them—"

He is the reason why I am staying here with my cousin on the Southside of Starina since we lost the Northside to him in the battle," Hunter explained walking into the living room.

Since you decide to interrupt my conversation, Cus, can you tell me where is our other guest?" Ella asked.

"Don't know, don't care."

"Can you not be rude," Ella scolded, glaring at him.

Suddenly, Lucy rushed in and sat next to Rose on the loveseat, "Sorry I got a little side-tracked with looking at the paintings in the gallery."

"It's all good, we haven't even started talking yet," Rose replied.