Chapter 16

~ Lucy & Hunter ~

She rushes into the long hallway trying to escape the witches. She found it strange that the hallways were lit up by a line of chandeliers that cover the ceiling. Lucy thought Raven's hideout would have been more chilling, dark like what she saw and felt when Jackie opened that portal. When she ambush Hunter and her during training.

"Lucy?"

"Lucy?"

"Little L?"

"Fuck," Lucy gasped as her side hit into a buffet table.

"Lucy hey, it's me—"

"G-get away from me!" Lucy shouted, shoving the hand off her shoulder.

"Hey, it's me, Hunter, I love your feisty side, but please calm down so I can help you," He said, slowly moving in front of her.

"Don't come any closer, witch!" Lucy shouted, raising her fists.

"Ok, I will stay right here," He replied, holding his's hands in front of him.

"Good," she said, lowering her trembling hands.

Her vision was slowly coming back, but so was the pain.

"AAAH!"

She couldn't stop the screaming as she clawed at her throat.

"LUCY!" Concern washed over his face, hearing her cries.

I felt like my legs and arms were breaking. I felt the knives hitting my skin again, ripping it, grinding my bones. I didn't know if I was still chained up in the forest or if I was imagining all of it. All I know is that it felt like hell!

I kept crying out for Hunter, which was dumb he wasn't here.

"I'm right here it's ok," Hunter said, grabbing the trembling girl's hands.

"HUNTER!" Lucy sobbed, stumbling forward.

"Yes it's me you are ok," He cried back as he wrapped her in a hug.

"Thanks for saving me," Lucy got out before her eyelids fell.

💖

"Do you have the potion done?" Hunter asked, reentering the room.

"Not yet it is still being processed in the lab."

"Ugh! Could you just give her a random potion," He sighed as his eyes flicked Red.

"I'd love to, but as I explained already we can't risk it. Some of these potions may cause more harm than help."

"How is an energy potion going to hurt her?!" He yelled grabbing a random bottle from the shelf, "If you don't give her one I will!"

"No stop! I know you are freaking out, but I think you need to leave the room and calm down for a sec," Ella suggested, slapping his's hand away.

"I am calm!" He roared with his eyes glowing Red as he shoved her into the shelf.

"GOD DAMN IT! HUNTER SNAP OUT OF IT!" Ella shouted, going for the potion bottle, but he overpower her and threw her back against the shelf.

"Ugh, really again," Ella groaned, pulling a glass shard out of her arm.

"I told you if you wouldn't do it I will!" Hunter snarled, pouring random potions down Lucy's throat.

"No, stop her body can't handle that!" Ella yelled, pulling at his's arm.

"SHUT UP!" Hunter growled, ripping her off.

"You are going to kill her if you force any more down!" Ella screamed as she tried to force him away from Lucy, by pulling at his arms, waist, or any body part she could get a grip on. "You need to stop!"

Lucy felt a strong pressure on her arms as this odd liquid kept being sent down her throat.

"I can't stop until she wakes up, and you aren't doing anything to help!" He shouted tightening his's grip on Lucy's arm.

"I was trying to, but you pour like ten different potions down her throat at once, so the potion I was waiting for won't even make an impact now. You are going to hurt her you are putting too much force on her wound!" Ella hollered struggling to rip his hand away from his tight hold on Lucy's arm.

His pressure increased to a crushing force.

"AAH!"

"HUNTER! Stop it you are hurting her!" Ella demanded.

"What...am I doing?" Hunter asked himself out loud as his eyes flicked back to Hazel.

"Please stop!" Lucy cried trying to twist her injured arm out of the forceful hold.

Lucy? I'm so sorry I can't control it.

"Hunter, snap out of it! Lucy said to stop, you are her hurting her!" Ella yelled as she finally pulled him off. Twisting his arms behind him and holding him as he thrashed in her hold. "Hunter, please, calm down!"

Ice blue eyes slowly blinked open as a crash was heard followed by glass shattering.

"Hun—ter? Why are your eyes Red?" Lucy asked as the boy turned around to face her.

"See Ella she is waking up."

"What? I am awake," Lucy said, backing herself into the bed pad, "You are scaring me, Hunter."

Hunter stared at Her as he lunged for her arm.

"Ugh—Hunter, stop I am awake please you are hurting me," Lucy begged, clawing at his hand. Hunter, please stop!" She cried.

"Stop it you are hurting her," Ella explained, stepping over the shattered potion bottles and grabbed him by the waist.

"Shut up!" Hunter growled, throwing Ella into the wall, and holding a glass shard to her throat.

"Hunter stop this isn't you!" Ella yelled trying to get him to listen.

Damn it, fight it!

"Hunter, you need to calm down and fight the darkness you don't want to hurt us," Ella said looking him in the eyes.

"Give me the potion that will wake Lucy up!"

"She is awake the darkness is making you think she isn't."

One second Ella felt the shard being pushed against her throat then she was falling to the floor.

"Hunter stop!" Ella screamed as he grabbed a half-broken bottle and dump what was rest of the potion down Lucy's throat.

"Wake up Lucy!"

Come on fight it, you're hurting them! Hunter shouted at himself as he heard Lucy gagging as the potion went down the wrong pipe.

"I am awake you idiot!" Hunter look at me I'm talking to you," Lucy chirped out trying to grab his's hand with one of her sore, ruined hands.

He poured more loose potions down her throat causing her to choke.

"Stop your choking her!" Ella shouted, grabbing his's arm.

"GET OFF!" Hunter growled, throwing her out of the room.

"Ella!" Lucy croaked out as she tried to shove the strong boy off to go after her.

"Hunter, I don't know what the darkness is showing you or telling you what to do, but I am right here," Lucy groaned, sitting up and placing a trembling hand on his's cheek, "Look, I am ok. I am awake, you just need to stop."

She pauses to look into his eyes, "You know red is my thing, you can't pull it off."

Hunter's eyes flicked back to Hazel as he pulled away, grabbing his head in agony.

"Hunt—"

"Lucy you are awake," He smiled.

"Yeah, I have been—"

"Where is Ella?" He asked.

"Um, you kind of threw her out of the room—"

"What! Is she—"

"I'm ok, don't worry, but now that Lucy is back keeping you calm. I'm going to take a breather." Ella announced pulling herself off the floor, as she tried to get her head to stop spinning.