Chapter 11

~ Lucy & Rose ~

"Good morning, it's time to stop dreaming about your dear Prince, Hunter," Rose sang, while drawing Lucy's blinds.

"Ugh! I wasn't dreaming about him..." Lucy groaned as she shields her eyes with a fluffy pillow, while she slowly makes her way to the closest.

Is it that obvious? Is it written all over my face? That I barely slept because I was dreaming about a certain someone!

"I don't believe you for a second," Rose declared, following Lucy.

"Well, that is your problem," Lucy muttered as she put on a red, ruffle sweater and slid on leather leggings, as she pulled on a double-breasted, red, slim trench coat, and her signature ankle boots.

"Ooo, I like the coat it's a nice add-on to the outfit, " Rose commented.

"Thanks, I love your pink pin-up dress, I swear you are the only person I had met that can pull off the vintage fashion," Lucy replied, while she laces up her boots.

"Your welcome and thank you," Rose said as she buckled her matching retro bow high heels and tied up her light blue, Lolita cloak, overcoat with a fur hood.

The girls grabbed their bags and headed into the hall elevator.

"Anyway, back to our conversation—"

"About what?" Lucy raised her eyebrow.

"Hunter of course! Don't act like I didn't see how red your cheeks were when I woke you up. You've clearly been thinking about him—"

"Oh, my god, Rose I told you nothing happened and we are only friends. Get off my case!"

"You keep saying that, but have you noticed that ever since we met him you have been happier and smiling, clearly something happened yesterday," Rose stated as the elevator bling and she followed Lucy out.

"I am done discussing this," Lucy said as she looked up and saw a girl heading over from across the school courtyard.

Lucy groaned, "Great, Bella is walking this way,"

"What, Bella Ross, I thought she transfer to that fancy art school?" Rose questioned.

"I guess she ended up not going, but I know for a fact. I will rather be fighting witches than the queen bee with her little lifeless minions."

"That is so true," Rose chuckled with Lucy.

"So, you orphans didn't get kicked out after all," Bella sneered as she blocked Lucy and Rose's path.

"It's always "great" to see you, Bella since it seems like you have forgotten our names I will introduce ourselves again. I am Lucy and this is Rose." Lucy said pointing to herself and Rose behind her.

"You were always my least favorite. Least Rose knows not to talk back."

"She just has more self-control than me, so get out of our way, Rose hates being late."

"EXCUSE ME! Did you forget your place at this school I am in charge! I am from a wealthy, stable family that gives the school the funds. That keeps you orphans off the street. I could get you kick-out with one phone call!" Bella shouted, slamming Lucy into the cold, brick building.

The edges of the bricks bit into her back as Bella push her harder against the rough building. This damn school is falling apart why couldn't the high school building have smooth walls like the previous building. It's just my luck, of course this building has lose bricks that are now being stabbed into my skin.

This bitch! Why couldn't she finally just leave our life, every year she shows up with her damn group and tortures Rose and me.

CRACK!

"F—uck," Lucy groaned out as her bruise rips started to throb from the impact.

"LUCY!" Rose screamed, rushing over after hearing the crack, but Bella's minions grabbed her by the arms and pulled her away.

"GET OFF OF HER!" Lucy shouted trying to swing a fist at Bella.

Lucy's fist did not make it to Bella's face. Cold, strong fingers grasped her wrist and fling it against the wall, causing Lucy to cry out in pain as another crack was heard.

"You brat!" Bella snarled as she digs her nails into Lucy's side.

She was straight up screaming now that the sharp nails were stabbed into her ruined flesh, tearing, ripping it.

"Can you ever shut up!" Bella growled.

Lucy clenched her teeth as she swallows her sobs.

"Bella a teacher is coming!" A minion yelled out.

"What a shame I was having fun consider yourself lucky. I hope you understand your place now orphan."

Bella and her minions let Lucy and Rose crash to the firm ground.

"Lucy are you ok?" Rose asked rushing over, carefully lifting her from the arm and helping her lean against a tree.

Waiting for an answer Rose quickly lifted Lucy's wrist to check the movement and to make sure it wasn't sprain. Bending it forward, back, side to side. It wasn't until she twist it that she got a reaction from Lucy.

"Eek, ouch, Rose, S-stop!"

"Sorry, I was just trying to check it out."

"I know thanks, bookworm," Lucy replied, forming a tired smile. "I don't know about you, but I am sick of being beaten up this week."

"I bet you are," Rose answered, while she carefully slid off Lucy's trench coat and lifted her shirt.

Rose took in a breath as she gently pressed on the throbbing, bleeding wound.

"Damn bitch," Lucy sobbed out as Rose slowly check over her rips.

"Jeez, does that girl have claws she literally ripped the skin that was healing, let's go get that bandaged up," Rose suggested, pulling Lucy by the arms.

"I'm supposed to be taken care of you as the eldest, maybe I should start taking first aid classes too."

"Say the girl who is terrified of anything medical, and giving blood or seeing it."

"Hey, I did pretty good yesterday—"

"You passed out—"

"From exhaustion not from seeing my own blood."

"Maybe, but I can see you are losing it right now. Your legs are going limp and your hand is getting clammy."