Arian: Epilogue

"Why do you have so many snacks in here?"

Arian froze. Shit. This was why he didn't let people in his room. How had Luca found them? Damn it. Arian turned around and fixed a glare on his face. "Because I want to," he said. "Why are you being so nosy?"

Luca didn't say anything at first. Eventually, he dropped the blanket that hid Arian's emergency bolt food and stared at him intently. "You know we're not just...going to leave you. Right?"

...how the hell had Luca known?! Right. His stupid powers. Damn it. Sometimes Arian wished he could enforce a gloves always rule without it being weird. "Yeah, whatever," Arian muttered.

"I mean it."

"I said whatever."

They didn't talk about it again after that, but the conversation didn't leave Arian's head for the rest of the day. Okay, the rest of the week, but he wasn't going to admit to that.

Luca had been right; he was hoarding food in case they decided to kick him out. Historically, he'd been kicked out of as many gangs and groups as often as he left of his own free will. It was bound to happen again, and when it did, he wanted to be prepared.

No one had ever tried to reassure him otherwise before.

Arian wasn't sure what annoyed him more: the fact that Luca had to go and bring it up, or the fact that he ended up being right.

.

.

(Author's Note: This story was cross-posted from singlequantumevent.com. If you'd like to see more stories like this one, including ongoing stories and ones that haven't been posted to WattPad yet, check out the site!)