֍CHAPTER 34: Run

Six months went by. It's mid autumn. Looking at the fallen leaves, Kirill can't help but be reminded of Kliment. Autumn was the season where they had separated when they were a child. In less than a month when he got to Krasniy, he had been in constant conflicts. But now, time seems to be moving slowly. There was no progress in anything. He had not found Kliment. He had not heard any new clues from the boys. They avoided the topic when he wanted to ask them. They simply told him to talk to Stepan about it. But Stepan was gone. He had been gone for six months. He had taken a leave from school to go abroad. He texted him daily but he also avoided the topic by saying that he'd rather talk about it face to face. But Stepan hadn't told him when he would be back. He had not had the chance to speak to Stanley as well. Stanley had been avoiding him. He also kept his distance from his friends. He was always alone somewhere, not talking to anyone.

Only Alberto and Andre were still lingering around Kirill. Sometimes Kirill can feel like they are guard dogs or something. But he has no idea what they are guarding him from. The stalkers were also gone. No letters or threats or anything at all. It was as if they never existed in the first place.

It's so strange...

Kirill's phone suddenly vibrated. He looks and notices that it was a message sent by Stepan. When he reads the message, he really feels like he wanted to kill someone. Stepan; What is the colour of your underwear today?

Kirill replies in annoyance; The colour of your blood, asshole.

Stepan was quick to reply; Aww. Red is for passion.

Another reply came; That means I should prepare for you a passionate night.

And then another; With your aahhs and oohs. Hahaha.

Kirill decides to ignore the jerk and leaves him on 'read'. He turns to look at Alberto who is sitting beside him while typing some codes on his laptop. "Have you guys been in contact with Stepan?" Kirill asked.

"Hmm? No. He hasn't contacted us. He usually won't do that when he's abroad," Alberto answers without looking at Kirill and keeps his eyes fixated on his coding. They are sitting at the extra tables and chairs in the back of their classroom. This used to be the space where the four boys would hang out during their free time but now Kirill also hangs out here with them. Minus the existence of Stanley and Stepan of course.

Kirill thinks that it was odd that Stepan didn't even contact his own friends. Why would he text him instead everyday then? "Is it his family business thing going on?" Kirill asked again.

"Of course. It's Stepan's 'coming of age' this month," This time, it was Andre who replied to his answer. Andre was playing on his phone. He appeared to be texting someone but Kirill didn't pay any mind to what he was typing and to whom he was talking to.

"Coming of age?"

"Yeah. He will officially be the heir or something like that," Andre explained. He looks at Kirill and starts to place one of his arms behind Kirill on the chair's top rail.

Kirill understands that this means Stepan's birthday should be within this month. "When will he be back?" He asked. It was more of a complaint rather than him being curious. His phone then vibrated again. He looks at the floating message of the text. Of course it was from Stepan; I miss you.

It was coincidentally at that moment that Andre started to ask Kirill something that caused him to be surprised at his own self. "Why? You're missing him already?" Andre teased and quickly laughed over his own teasing. Kirill narrows his eyes at him, looking annoyed. But more so, he is annoyed at himself. Because that was the truth. It was too late for him to dodge when Andre suddenly leaned down near his sensitive ears and whispered. "You can try it with me while he's not around," he said as his eyes were lingering on Kirill's body suggestively.