֍FLAMING DAWN: Afterword

I'm sorry that it took so long for me to finally write an afterword. I hereby would like to tell you a little bit about how this story comes to life and give some answers/info to questions I received in my DM (on wattpad).

֍֍֍

But, before that, Kirill's tattoo should look a bit like this:

And this is what Kirill's heterochromia eyes would look like:

֍֍֍

At first, when I started writing this story, I aimed it to be more like a detective novel. I wanted to write about Kirill going to investigate each of the suspects' houses, workshops, alibis, etc. while Stepan and his friends would help him to investigate. They would have some conflicts and distrusts in the beginning but would eventually rely on each other and fall in love.

In the original ideas, Stepan was supposed to be the one in love with Kliment instead of Stanley. In fact, they were boyfriends and Kirill was at first seen as a substitute for Kliment. I had written very dark, sadistic and psychotic novels before (Lockout of Sanity, Papa, Dark Beauty, etc.) so at that time, I wanted to shift to writing something more romantic and normal-like highschool BL love story.

But... hmm as you can see, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Hahaha. I guess my dark mind took over once again and my characters turned out to all be psychopaths. And yet, I'm still happy with the results.

֍֍֍

There are a few other endings that I had thought of; (1) they solved the case and the murderer was caught by the authorities involved -from original plotline, (2) Stepan is the murderer but Kirill never found out -from original plotline, (3) Kirill is killed by the murderer and Stepan will avenge his death -from original plotline, (4) a supernatural creature (werewolf) is the actual perpetrator -from original plotline, (5) Mr. Lebedev was caught by authorities. Both of them graduate school and plan for the future. Stepan was not involved whatsoever in Kliment's disappearance -from current plotline, (6) Kirill also ended up on the missing person list. He was actually being imprisoned by Stepan -from current plotline, and (7) Kirill was killed by Stepan (werewolf) and ended up on the missing person list -from current plotline.

֍֍֍

On my author's note in Chapter 14, I wrote a note to remind myself of the things Kirill need to revisit; '(1) if the four boys' DNA was really taken, (2) if there are more unrevealed letters from the stalkers, (3) why would Stanley had a specific folder 'Kliment' in his phone?' But... Number 2 was never addressed in the story. I just decided to drop it. Lol. Sorry.

֍֍֍

The next story will be about new characters as main protagonists. I would like to introduce them here in the afterword. Plus, I never got to introduce Kirill and Stepan in the beginning of the story. But I hope it's not too late to do it now. Below is taken from my own notes;

Story 1 (Flaming Dawn)

Protagonist 1: Kirill Miyamoto

Personality: Cold, uncaring, rude, impulsive, brave and savage

Physical Description: Eurasian (mix Japanese/Russian), uneven eye colours (mixture of brown, gold, and blue) (segmental heterochromia), black hair but a hint of golden under the sun, well-built despite looking skinny, wing tattoo (shoulder), height - 176cm.

Age: 17 (2023)

Protagonist 2: Stepanov Chenkov

Personality: Domineering, cunning, ill-tempered, selfish, lack of remorse and empathy

Physical Description: Russian, green eyes, fair skin but tanned a bit, dark blond hair, well-built despite looking skinny, a tear mole, height - 182cm.

Age: 17 (2023)

Story 2 (Drunken Sun)

Protagonist 1: William Hendrik

Personality: flirtatious, likes to be alone, has a dark mind, observant, sexual divergent

Physical Description: Eurasian (mix Indian/Russian), brown skin, black curly hair, yellowish green eyes, skinny (looks like a teenager), height - 167cm.

Age: 29 (2023)

Protagonist 2: Marcus Drago Chenkov

Personality: gentle, soft-spoken, caring, helpful, looks innocent, shy when teased by William, beastly in bed, romantic when he kills people.

Physical Description- Russian, dark blue eyes, pale fair skin, brown hair, well-built but not huge like a bodybuilder (he has well-defined muscles and six packs), beaded dick 😏, height - 191cm.

Age: 19 (2023)

֍֍֍

So, in the second story, the Seme is much younger than the Uke. Do note that for Drunken Sun, William will always feel like Marcus has different faces. And honestly, writing Marcus is even more challenging than writing Stepan. He is more complex. As for William, (I don't know if I should tell this or not but here goes nothing...) I based his character more on myself since he is also a writer and has a traumatic past. I aimed to make this story a bit more romantic and fluffier than Flaming Dawn but we'll see whether I'll divert my direction again or not towards the end of the story. See you all soon in Drunken Sun (but not so soon hehe). Do DM (on wattpad) me or comment if you have any more questions. Thanks!

With Love,

K