(M) ֍CHAPTER 48: Monsters (END)

Things will end his way. Kirill slipped his hand into the pocket of the black hoodie and took hold of the knife that was hidden inside it. He could feel a strong psychic connection once his hand touched the knife. He immediately could sense that this must be the very knife Mr. Lebedev used on Kliment in order to pluck out his eyeballs. He couldn't believe that he was about to use the same knife in order to save himself.

His hands were shaking but he hardened up his heart to ignore any uncomfortable feelings deep inside him. He then turned around quickly and aimed the knife to Stepan's throat. "Back off," he ordered with a trembling voice.

Stepan raised both of his hands to signal that he is going to cooperate. There was a look of pain and sadness in his eyes but he still instructed using the gestures of his hands towards his men not to attack Kirill. "You really wanna do this?" He asked.

"I said back off!" Kirill repeated the same demand. "Tell your people to back off too," Kirill ordered. But it almost sounded like he was begging.

Stepan smiled a sad smile towards Kirill and a tear dropped from one of his eyes. It surprised himself that he could really feel hurt by Kirill's retaliation towards him. "Do you hate me, Kirill?" He asked. "If it will make you feel better, go ahead..." Kirill's hand that was holding the knife began to tremble even more when he heard the tone of sadness in Stepan's voice. "You can kill me," Stepan continued. "I would kill for you and I had killed for you. But I'm also willing to die for you. So, go ahead," he said and immediately grabbed Kirill's hand that was holding the knife with both of his hands. He brought the knife closer towards the thin skin of his own neck.

"What are you doing?!!!" Kirill panicked and began to pull the knife back with both of his hands too so that it wouldn't pierce Stepan's skin. But Stepan was of course stronger than he is. Kirill couldn't stop Stepan from ensuring the tip of the knife to poke on his own skin. Blood began to drop from the cut. "No no no no no, please! Please, Stepan! Stop! I'll come with you! I'll come! Please... let go," Kirill started to beg with tears flowing down nonstop from his eyes.

Stepan let go of Kirill's hands and with Kirill's own weakened grip, the knife was dropped to the ground. By this time, both of them were in tears. Stepan pulled Kirill close to him and held him tightly in his arms. They both realised at that very moment that they both had underestimated their own feelings. Stepan realised that he loves Kirill so much that even dying is fine for him. He was always thinking about himself before. He is afraid of this sudden realisation. He couldn't lose Kirill. He would do anything to keep him. If he loses him, he'd rather die.

Kirill, on the other hand, also realised that he loves Stepan enough not to want him getting hurt or even dying. His resentment towards him couldn't overcome his affection for him. He couldn't forgive him but he also couldn't let him go or let anything bad happen to him. He wanted to protect him. There's a deep desire in him to protect the one that he loves. Stepan took off his trench coat and covered Kirill with it. He then picked him up and carried him in his arms. "Let's get you warm," Stepan said. They left the edge of the cliff. The sound of the ravine below was no longer deafening. Only the sound of Stepan's beating heart could be heard by Kirill as he placed his head on Stepan's chest, surrendering himself to the monster.

֍֍֍

It was on the news a few days later about the bodies found behind the cabin belonging to Matvey Lebedev whose real name was Sergei Gerojev. The bodies were identified as Kliment Miyamoto, Emanuel Jensen, and Louis Davydov. Sergei Gerojev was declared as a serial killer as they found the jars with eyeballs in his cabin which indicated that there were already about a dozen or more victims of his. He is now a wanted man in all countries across the world.

But they never revealed to the world that the eyeballs collected by him were all heterochromic eyes. And Kirill knew for sure that Emanuel and Louis were not murdered by Mr. Lebedev or whatever his real name is. They were murdered by Stepan. He intentionally buried them at the same place as Kliment. They were both strangled to death and dismembered in the same way as Kliment had been killed. Stepan said that he didn't like that method of murdering someone. Kirill didn't ask him further about how he would do it if it were up to him because he knew he could not handle the knowledge.

A funeral was held for Kliment. All of his family members from his father's and mother's side were there. They had shown their gratitudes towards Stepan for saving Kirill's life. As it was rumoured that Stepan was the one who came to rescue Kirill when he was kidnapped and got in a fight neck to neck with the serial killer. Kirill couldn't deny the rumour because he wouldn't know how to explain to everyone that the wound on Stepan's neck was actually caused by him. He just had to go along with it. It was simply because Stepan knew just the right threats to use on him. Whether the threats involved someone else or himself, Kirill knew that Stepan would do what he said he would do.

The colour of the bedsheet was red. Kirill's hands were tied to the bedpost. His legs were spread wide as Stepan's giant dick was thrusting in and out of his asshole. The bedsheet was already stained with semen from their previous sessions but it didn't seem like Stepan would stop fucking Kirill any time soon. He, after all, had a strong sexual appetite. "I like you tied up," Stepan whispered to Kirill's ear and bit the earlobe softly. "You're mine, Kirill. I won't ever let you go," he said as he smirked and continued to plunge his dick deep into the asshole that had driven him crazy with lust over and over again.

Kirill no longer had any strength in him to resist. Resisting would only spark Stepan's desire to control him even more. "You're crazy," he spoke almost inaudibly with his remaining strength. Yes. Stepan is crazy and Kirill couldn't help but to think to himself that he himself must be crazy too. Because somehow somewhere deep within him, there was a voice that kept telling him that he liked it. He liked the madness in Stepan's eyes. He liked that he didn't have a choice. He liked that Stepan is a monster and he is the subject of the monster's obsession.

But there was something that nobody knew. Kirill secretly thought to himself that; 'I am also a monster.'

֍֍֍

Next update: 2022/12/23

*Author's Note: That's the end! An epilogue will be published next. I will mark the book as 'completed' for now. I will continue with the second book next year. Give me some time to draft the book. It might take a long time though. In the meantime, you guys can go ahead and read 'Dark Beauty' and 'Unknown' as I'm extending the chapters for these two books. Thank you for reading this book. I hope you all like the ending which I'm not sure if I should categorise it as a bad ending or a happy ending. But I guess it's up to everyone's interpretation. Hehe.

By the way, I know some will argue that a psychopath should not feel emotions like love. But I'd like to rebut this beforehand because as we all are aware, so far, the research done on psychopathy are mostly encompassed with mere speculation. There is no absolute truth or one single definite answer as to what caused psychopathy in the first place. So, in my stories, I made my own versions of psychopaths which are definitely difficult to comprehend by the standard of normal thinking. -K

"...[I]n spite of more than a century of clinical study and speculation and several decades of scientific research, the mystery of the psychopath still remains. ...[C]ompared with other major clinical disorders, little systematic research has been devoted to psychopathy, even though it is responsible for far more social distress and disruption than all other psychiatric disorders combined." (Hare 219)

WORK CITED: Hare, Robert D. Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us. The Guilford Press, 1999.