i.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

MADELYN JACKSON WAS GOING TO SCREAM.

throughout the entire eight hour journey to maine, the snow pounded at the windows of the car. but that wasn't the worst part. her mom, sally jackson, decided the best way to fill the silence was to tell tale after tale of the jackson twins' most embarrassing childhood moments.

thalia and annabeth, squished in the back with her, were in stitches laughing as maddie's mom recalled the time maddie sang "waterloo" in front of their entire elementary school.

her brother percy, a tall, lanky boy with midnight-black hair and sea-green eyes, sat up front with their mother and, like the girls, was snorting with laughter at the story.

maddie glared at him through the mirror, raising a challenging eyebrow. "hey mom, as much as i adore  that story, how about the time percy wet his pants because you refused to buy that shark teddy?"

her mother's delighted laugh filled her ears. "oh that's a good one! it happened about seven years ago, and—"

"oh look, i think we're here!" said percy frantically, unbuckling his seatbelt but not before shooting his sister a glare that clearly said, you'll pay for that. 

the car came to a complete halt, and annabeth and thalia reluctantly undid their seatbelts and got out of the car, maddie following them.

"a shame," said thalia, grinning wickedly at maddie. "i would've liked to hear the rest of that."

it was surprising how quick the two had grown close over the months that thalia had returned, considering their fathers hated each other.

"are you sure you don't want me to wait?" her mother asked.

"no, thanks, mom," percy said. "i don't know how long it will take. we'll be okay." maddie nodded encouragingly, trying to comfort her mother.

"but how will you get back? I'm worried, you guys." 

maddie sighed, stepping forward. "we'll be fine mom, you know us. i know how to spot danger, and percy's to chicken to even try and make trouble—"

"hey! need i remind you that i was the one who fought ar—"

"it's okay, ms. jackson." annabeth smiled reassuringly, but not before shooting a warning look at the twins. "we'll keep him and mads out of trouble."

sally relaxed slightly, trusting annabeth much more than her children. 

"alright, and have you remembered to..."