i.

tw: mentions of e

tw: mentions of e.d, kinda gory scene (mentions of blood)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ON THAT HAZILY WARM EVENING IN JUNE, MUFFLED YELLS WERE THE ONLY SOUND COMING FROM THE JACKSON APARTMENT IN UPPER EAST MANHATTAN.

the source was a boy and girl, who had been yelling at each other for quite a while. their mother had been out all evening, so there was no one to solve the feud, and as both teens were quite stubborn, there was no sign that the argument was stopping any time soon.

"piss off, barnacle breath!" the girl yelled. she was medium height, with soft brown hair that fell in waves down her back, her newly cut curtain bangs tickling her eyes as she stomped into her room, going to close the door, but the boy had slipped in with her before she could.

"okay, first off, barnacle breath? real mature. and second, i'm not going anywhere until you tell me why!"

"none of your fucking business, that's why!"

"just tell me!"

"there's nothing to tell! you're just making a big fuss over absolutely nothing—"

"you're not eating, mads!" percy burst.

there was silence.

percy sighed, this time speaking in a lower voice. "i haven't seen you touch more than two meals a day for five days, maddie. that's not normal."

maddie gritted her teeth. "i don't care what's normal or not. this is my life . . . i can do what i want."

"it's not okay when doing what you want could land you in hospital," percy protested.

"i know how to take care of myself, asshole. you go and worry about your own problems and get your nose out of my business."

maddie folded her arms stubbornly. the tension in the room grew heavier with every second as the twins stood on opposite sides of the room, daring the other to be the first to back down.

percy wasn't giving up that easily. "look mads, i get that you're going through something right now, but if you'd just let me help you—"

maddie laughed sarcastically. "help? by doing what, exactly? shoving food into my mouth until i puke?"

"oh, would you stop it? i'm trying to be a good brother here!"