vii.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

crash!

"fuck!"

the boy jerked awake, blinking in an attempt to adjust to the darkness as he took in the scene in front of him.

he frowned when he made out a figure, whom he recognized a split second later as a certain daughter of poseidon, cursing silently to herself as she picked up a heap of books scattered on the floor. he glanced at the clock beside the bed. the time told him that the two of them should not have been awake.

"jackson?" he whispered, causing the girl to jump and straighten up. she turned to look at him, looking sheepish.

"uhm . . ."

maddie was stumped. she had just been trying to leave a few books for sebastian to read while he was recovering, but of course she had to go and drop the lot onto her toe, which now throbbed angrily.

doing the first thing she could think of, she raised her arms and waved them, impersonating a ghost. "ooooo . . . you are dreaming . . . go back to sleep . . ."

sebastian stared at her blankly. "uh, maddie . . . what are you doing?"

"i'm not maddie . . . oooo . . ."

"alright, give it up jackson. you're just making a fool of yourself."

maddie dropped her arms. "alright fine, it's me. i didn't want to wake you, and i'm sorry, but i'm kind of in a rush-"

"where are you rushing off to at this hour of the morning?"

"haven't you heard?" she asked him. when sebastian shook his head, she pointed to the bag that sat at the end of his bed. "i'm going on a quest. annabeth's leading one into the labyrinth."

sebastian refrained from rolling his eyes. "of course you are."

"shut it. this one's important for stopping luke."

"right," sebastain said, clearing his throat. "when do you leave?"

"er." maddie glanced at the clock. "kinda now? i wanted to see you before we left. i'm sorry i haven't visited yet, but this whole thing with the labyrinth-"

sebastian waved his hand. "don't worry about it. we're not exactly friends anyway, so i wasn't really expecting you showing up."

maddie deflated slightly at his friends comment. "huh. i was sure i had won you over with my charm by now."

"funny."

"how's the leg, anyway?" maddie asked.

sebastian shifted it under the sheet. "healing. i'm still stuck in here for two nights."

"bummer. can't imagine being out of action right now."

the son of ares threw a plastic cup at her. maddie ducked, then gestured to the pile of books. "i brought you these, to keep you occupied. most of them are pretty good, although i would recommend to read harry potter first if you're really bored."