ix.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the bitter wind that blew through the air perfectly mirrored the bitter atmosphere that had settled in camp.

the girl stood at the top of the hill, the one she had climbed many times, but she knew this time was different.

almost poetically, she stood next to the tree that had once held a young girl and looked over the place she had once called home.

a home that had once stood proud, full of beautiful pieces of architecture that had given it the ancient greek touch, a home that had once been full of laughter and chatter, spirits high as mount olympus.

a home that now stood in solitude, smoke rising high into the clouds as the fires dimmed slowly down from the roaring spirits they once were. no sound echoed here now, for the happy elements had been long diminished to nothing. 

a home that, while she had been away, had held a war. it's eminent remains stood proud in broken shields, swords and spears, in the bodies scattered around like broken pieces of a vase that had been smashed. 

a numb feeling spread through the girl as she walked around, taking in the disaster. she didn't know whether to weep for the lost souls, to scream into the night sky in a firing rage, or to hunt down the attackers and rip every last one of them to shreds.

a booming laugh echoed through camp, making her jump and reach for her hips. she frowned a second later, for her hand simply touched air. had there once been a weapon there, one that she had frequently reached for in times of danger? with a sharp panic, she realized that she was no completely weaponless, devoid of anything that could save her from evil.

the booming voice then spoke, and the girl felt her knees go weak. 

do you see now, what will become of your beloved camp, once i grow to my full power? do you see what shall happen to the place you call home? 

she wanted to speak, to scream, but she feared that with the words she released, she may meet her end with them.

you must realize that the inevitable will happen, my child. whether you want it to or not. join me, and your home will be spared. join me, and your loved ones will escape the fate i currently have planned for them.

a trojan horse, one she had heard before in story tales, where the villain offers a prize in exchange for an alliance, only then to trick them at the last minute. she shook her head, hoping that the echoing voice, wherever it was, could see her.

no? quick to make decisions, aren't we? well, maybe i shall just give you a taster of what is to come if you were to continue down this path. 

the girl furrowed her eyebrows at a sudden sense of panic washed over her. curious as to what the voice meant, she looked around her, scanning the fields of tragedy.