ii.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the dracana's eyes bore holes into maddie's head.

for what feels like an hour she has sat there, eyes trailing across every detail of the wall in front of her. that is her only source of entertainment. her hands grow sore from the awkward position they are in, tied with tight ropes to the thin chair she sits on. she wonders which heartless creature did this to her while she was knocked out. her heart prays that it was not sebastian.

sebastian. the boy who had slipped his way into maddie's life only to sink his claws right where it hurt. the boy who laughed with her about things, and all the while planning the best way to lure her into kronos' clutches. the boy who took out his anger towards his father onto her.

her stomach growls loudly, wrenching her from her daydream. maddie huffs and cranes her neck around, glancing at the dracana who stands on guard.

"i'm hungry," she says simply. the creature does not reply. it does not even shift.

maddie's lips purse in annoyance, shifting her hands against the bonds yet again.

"if your boss is going to gonna torture me for information, can he at least do it now? this chair is fucking uncomfortable."

"silence, demigod," the thing hisses.

maddie turns her head back around. she wonders what percy is doing at this moment. he has more than likely gone to camp by now. she wonders how he's feeling, perhaps worried about her whereabouts, but she is almost certain that he is cursing her for being so reckless. maddie only hopes he has not told their mom.

her mind wanders to annabeth. does she know what has happened? she can see the girl now, arms crossed, knife strapped to her belt as she pulls her annoyed face that maddie has seen one too many times. the pursed lip, one eyebrow raised as her grey eyes glare with enough ferocity to make the person at the receiving end cower in fear.

the thought makes her smile softly. she misses the daughter of athena, more than she had realized. it had been weeks since they had met face-to-face, the occasional iris message not doing justice to annabeth's features.

a knock makes maddie start, and she stiffens as the dracana opens the door. there is a short conversation that is too quiet for the girl to hear, which is followed by two new pairs of footsteps entering the room.

two new pairs of footsteps clunk into the room, and maddie can only tense as she feels them hover behind her. the next second, they have untied the ropes from her arms, and don't even give her a moment to breathe before they are forcing her to stand, arms clamped behind her tightly.

her protests are ignored as she is steered out of the room and driven towards the corridor. it is narrow, made of wood with an occasional door on each side. maddie tries to take in every little detail in hopes of finding some sort of escape plan, but the creatures dragging her are too fast, and she can only catch glimpses.

they turn a corner and end up in much wider main corridor, and this time there is other creatures present as well. maddie can see demigods too, fully dressed in armor as they scurry down the hall and talk in low whispers.

slowly, they glance at her as she is escorted down the hall, and maddie can see some of the demigods recognize her, based on their double takes and shocked expressions. she cannot make out their faces too well, but none of them look familiar to her. for that she is grateful.