03

"Rubes, your heart is racing

"Rubes, your heart is racing. I can feel it against my shoulder."
—————————

"I'm just putting it out there that I do not condone any type of inappropriate behavior. You two broke up for a reason, maybe we should remember that next time we run off to a bedroom for half an hour." Hermione attempted to put an end to all of the bickering all of us were doing when Harry and I finally returned. Harry rolled his eyes and slumped back against the cushion of the seat before his arm draped itself on top of the backrest of it and barely touched my shoulders.

"There was nothing inappropriate, Hermione. Case closed." Harry said impatiently, and shot her a look of annoyance. Thank Merlin my parents aren't anywhere near us to hear our conversations.

"Well, I'm a charming old chap," George chimed in.

"As am I." Fred agreed.

"And I've never been to a girl's room for over 5 minutes-"

"And she returned in my jumper-"

"Unless things got a little freaky." George covered Ginny's ears as he finished going back and forth with his twin. He wiggled his brows and Fred nodded his head slowly with a smirk. Ron let out a gag of disgust, and attempted to cover his ears as well even though it was too late to get the thought out of his head.

"Oh my god." I finally groaned and covered my face with both my hands.

"Thank you, boys. My thoughts exactly." Hermione accused through her teeth.

"Harry, make it stop." I whispered defeatedly, while I kept my face covered. I pulled my feet up on to the chair that we were sharing and felt him use his free hand to readjust the blanket on top of us after I had moved.

"You guys are embarrassing her, knock it off." He said defensively. "Seriously, I'm always the first one up for a joke at Ruby's expense, but this one isn't funny. We really didn't do anything up there except talk to each other, like normal best friends are allowed to do. I think you're hurting her feelings." He lectured them seriously, and I heard the twins chuckles come to a stop for a split second. I finally moved my hands into my lap under the blanket and turned my blank gaze towards the fire in front of us.

"Oh, come on, sissy." Fred laughed lightly.

"We're only teasing." George joined his twin again.

"I think it's really rude that you guys are being so mean to them about it. You don't even have proof that anything happened." Ginny finally spoke up, and the twins shut their mouths once again.

"Thank you, Gin." Harry smiled at her gratefully, and her cheeks slowly started to glow a brighter red in the firelight while she nodded once. Does she still have a crush on him? God, I hope not-

Nope. Moving on.

"Sorry, sis." Ron mumbled as he draped his blanket back over his shoulders. "Although, I would like for it to be known, that I did not partake in the teasing." He pointed out. Hermione rolled her eyes, but she didn't say anything else about the topic.